Thursday, October 29, 2020

Spellbinders + Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month | October 2020


Hello, crafty friends!
Hope you are doing well and are safe and healthy!
I have a Card to share today featuring the Spellbinders + Amazing Paper Grace October Die of the Month. This month's "Pop Up 3D Vignette Camera" Set is perfect for making exquisite cards, 3D Explosion Boxes, bags, and more.
If you want to find out more about the Club – prices, how you sign up and what’s included, please look ——–> HERE. These dies are only available through the Club and are limited to the month of October, so hurry before they are sold out. If there are any leftovers, they are added to the Spellbinders store for sale at full price. You can see all of the past Dies of the Month HERE.



I have created a Card Front using the Pop Up 3D Vignette Camera Set with a little twist. Read on to find out what it is!

The die set consists of 16 dies to help you create a realistic 3D Pop Up Vignette Camera, Pop Up Card, Shaped Card, Shaped Scrapbook, Gift Card Holder, Wedding Tablesetting Favor and much more. As with all the other 3D Vignettes dies, it collapses flat to be sent in a regular envelope, which is definitely so cool!

For my card, I started off by die cutting all the different elements for the camera using my Platinum 6" Die Cutting and Embossing Machine. I did not want to use very bright colours for the camera, so I limited my colour choices to Powder Blue Cardstock, Whip Cream Cardstock, and Gold Mirror Cardstock. Once I had all the pieces die cut from various Cardstock sheets, I assembled it together following Becca's Video Tutorial. She walks you through the process in a very simple yet lucid way! I used copious amounts of foam tape and foam squares to adhere the layers, so that it would have a sturdy base. 

Next, I die cut two tabs from Powder Blue Cardstock and Whip Cream Cardstock using the message insert tab die. I wanted to add a little surprise for the recipient, so I thought I'd include these two tab inserts where they could pen down a special message or attach a photograph. 

I didn't want to keep the inserts as is, so I decided to pull out a few of my favourite stamp sets from Fun Stampers Journey to quickly dress them up. 

 I first worked on the blue insert - I used the Spring Bouquet stamp set to stamp the flowers and leaves, and a sentiment from the Text Happy Stamp Set. I used Pool Play, Cool Pool, and Huckleberry for the flowers, Sweet Pear for the leaves, and Licorice ink for the sentiment. Similarly, for the white insert, I used the Summer Rose Stamp Set and the Inside and Out Stamp Set to create my tab. I used the same ink colours, so that they'd coordinate with each other. 

I did not want to take away the focus from the camera, so I kept the rest of the card really simple. I die cut some flowers and leaves using the October 2019 and April 2019 Die of the Month Sets by Amazing Paper Grace from Whip Cream Cardstock. I coloured the flowers using Rustic Rose and Bubblegum inks, and the the leaves using Sweet Pear. I love using my FSJ inks for stamping as well as colouring die cut pieces. It's a great way to get more out of your ink pads too! I embossed the centres of the petals using the Stylus Tips for Tool N' One and then added Micro Thread Pollens to the centres for a more natural look. I also tucked in a little sentiment tag to accentuate my design. The sentiment is from the Text Happy Stamp Set and I stamped it using Licorice ink.

I mounted the camera to a piece of beach-themed designer paper which was then layered on to some Whip Cream Cardstock and Gold Mirror Cardstock respectively. I then adhered it down to a white card base. This was a labour of love, but totally worth the effort, don't you think!?



If you haven't had a chance to look at the Spellbinders Club Kits yet, do check them out. You can find more information about them HERE.

If you would like to see more project inspiration using the Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month, visit the Spellbinders blog to see the project samples created using it. There is also a super helpful YouTube video which you can see HERE which shows you how to use the die set in a creative way!

The Club dies are absolutely great value for money and the cost of the kit includes shipping cost within USA. So, what are you waiting for? Sign up as soon as possible!
Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month Membership

That's it from me for today! I hope you liked my card.
If you would like to see more of my work using Spellbinders, do follow my Instagram page - @hussena_cal
Thank you so much for your visit to my blog today!

No comments:

Post a Comment