Saturday, October 10, 2020

Pinkfresh Studio | Holiday Cards


Hello, crafty friends!
Hope you're all doing well and having a great week so far! I'm here today to share with you two Holiday Cards which I created using products from the September 2020 Release by Pinkfresh. 

My first Card features the Ornate Poinsettias Cover Plate Die along with the Holiday Vibes Die Set. Pinkfresh carries a fantastic range of stand-alone dies in their store and I absolutely love using them for my projects now and then. 

To begin, I die cut the Ornate Poinsettias Die twice from Neenah Classic Crest Solar White - 110 LBS Cardstock. 
Next, I took a piece of White Cardstock and lightly watercoloured this panel using Sky Blue Liquid Watercolour. I also added some paint splatters in Aquamarine to this panel for more interest and then adhered it down to my card base. 

I then die cut the Ornate Poinsettias Die from a sheet of White Fun Foam and adhered it over the watercolored panel. Once that was done, I adhered the white die cut panels over it and carefully inlaid the entire piece back to the outline design. While this was a bit time-consuming to do, I loved working on it!

 The flowers were coloured using Candy Apple and Bubble Gum, while the leaves were coloured using a mixture of three different ink colours - Emerald City, Key Lime, and Sunshine. The tiny flower centres were coloured using Sunshine to add a bit of contrast to the red and green. The Liquid Watercolours from Pinkfresh are simply AMAZING and work so well with all kinds of watercolour techniques! 

The sentiment was die cut using the the Holiday Vibes Die Set. The main sentiment was cut from Silver Glitter Paper, while the shadow was cut from Vellum. I adhered the sentiment piece on to my card panel using foam dots for dimension. I finished off the card with some fine black paint splatters and White Crystals. I love using Crystals as accents for my cards as they are so pretty and come in a variety of sizes and colours. They are the perfect finishing touch for any card!





It gives me immense joy whenever I am able to combine different supplies to create my card designs and I love that I was able to do that for this card. 
I started off by heat embossing the Floral Diamond Stamp on a piece of White Cardstock using Super Fine White Embossing Powder. Once that was done, I ink blended the panel using Meadow dye ink and then die cut it using the Stitched Rectangles Die Set. Next, I die cut a circle from the centre of the panel using the Essentials: Braided Circle Die Set. I then started working on the focal for my card.

I took a piece of Watercolor Paper and ink blended the entire background using a combination of Lemon Whip and Sweet Mustard dye inks. Next, I used the Our Home To Yours Stamp Set to create a little holiday scene on this panel. I also stamped two houses from the set using Ballet Slipper and Sparkling Rose, cut them out using the coordinating Our Home To Yours Die Set, and then adhered them to the panel using foam dots for dimension. I then adhered this panel to my card base. Next, I adhered my second panel over it using White Fun Foam for dimension and interest.

I stamped the floral wreaths from the Charming Floral Wreath Stamp Set using Ballet Slipper and Sparkling Rose, while for the leaves, I used Grassy Knoll and Meadow dye inks. I cut them out using the coordinating Charming Floral Wreath Die Set and adhered them to my panel using foam squares. 

My sentiment is from the Our Home To Yours Stamp Set and was stamped using Detail Black Ink. My card was almost done at this point, but I felt something was slightly amiss with regards to the card design, so I decided to add a bow to give it a more finished look. I used the Artistic Bows Die Set to die cut the bow from Vellum and then adhered it to my card panel using glue dots. I added some fine black paint splatters and White Crystals as the finishing touch to my design. 


Hope you enjoyed looking at my cards today. I would love to hear what you think of them. :)

Thank you so much for stopping by!
Have a crafty day!

3 comments:

  1. girl, You sure know how to work a die cut. I came here for that fresh holiday card, that was blown away by your floral houses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them both, Hussena! and that sweet bit of vellum you've used on each!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous job on the first card, love the coloring and the little scene on the second card is so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete