Monday, October 5, 2020

Pinkfresh Studio | Celebrate New Beginnings | WCMD Challenge


Hello, crafty friends!
I have a card to share today which I made as a part of Pinkfresh Studio's World Card Making Day Celebrations. I am hosting the very first challenge on their blog to celebrate this special day and I hope you can play along. 
There is a $30 gift card prize up for grabs on all 12 challenges, including mine! You can get all the details on the Pinkfresh blog.

The theme that I have chosen is a very simple and easy one - Die Cutting! I have used the Pinkfresh Studio Lovely Blossoms stamp and coordinating die set and the Simply Diamonds Die for my inspiration card.

I had so much fun creating this card as it combines two of my most favourite techniques - stamping and die cutting. I started off by stamping various flowers and foliage from the Lovely Blossoms stamp set using a plethora of pastel inks from Pinkfresh Studio. If you have a stamping tool like the MISTI in your stash, I'd highly recommend using it when using layering stamps like the Lovely Blossoms set. It facilitates for easy stamp layering and will help save time too.

I cut out all the images using the coordinating Lovely Blossoms die set. Next, I took a piece of White Cardstock and ink blended the panel using Mint dye ink. I kept it aside to dry, and in the meantime, die cut the Simply Diamonds Die from White Cardstock. I adhered the background die cut over the ink blended panel and then foam mounted this panel to my card base. 

I die cut one of the shaker windows from the Essentials: Shaker Tags die set to create my sentiment label. The sentiment is created using a mix of two different stamps from the My Favorite Things To Say stamp and was stamped using Detail Black ink. I also die cut an additional frame from the Essentials: Shaker Tags die set from Gold Mirror Cardstock for added interest. I finished off the card with some White Jewels from Pinkfresh. 

Wishing everyone a very happy World Card Making Day! 


Supplies

Hope you liked my card. Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous arrangements of the flowers on this, pretty background for them too!

    ReplyDelete