Monday, October 26, 2020

Pinkfresh Studio | Floral Slimline Cards


Hello crafty friends! 
I have two Slimline Cards to share today which I created using products from the October 2020 Release by Pinkfresh Studio. Have you seen the NEW stamps, dies, and stencils yet? They are simply amazing! 

My first Card for today features the You Are My Favorite stamp, die, and stencil set along with the Diamond Plaid Layering Stencil set.

To begin, I stamped the floral image from the You Are My Favorite stamp set using Detail Black ink on a piece of Neenah Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock (110 LBS). I coloured the flowers and foliage using the coordinating You Are My Favorite Stencils. I used Ocean Breeze and Summer Shower to stencil the flowers and Fresh Pear for the leaves.

 This is a 3 piece layering stencil set and you can mask and add more colors if you want your flowers to be different colors, but I decided to stick to two colors for the florals. Next, I die cut the floral cluster using the You Are My Favorite Die Set.

Once that was done, I started working on my card background. I used the Diamond Plaid Layering Stencil set to stencil on a piece of White Cardstock using Coral Reef and Passion Fruit inks. Then, I die cut the panel using one of the dies from the Slim Edgers Die Set. Next, I took another Slimline sized White Cardstock and die cut the edge of the panel using the Slim Edgers Die Set. I adhered the die cut panel to a white slimline card base and then my added ink blended panel over it. 

I snipped off certain parts of the floral cluster to create my card focal. I popped some of the images using foam dots, while for the others, I adhered them directly to the panel. The sentiment frame was die cut using the Pretty Frames 2 Die from White and Gold Foil Cardstock. I adhered them  to my panel using foam tape for more interest. Then, I stamped the sentiment (from the You Are My Favorite set) in the centre of the label using Detail Black ink. To finish, I added some light blue and pink Jewels.  



My second Card for today features the Be Courageous Stampcoordinating Die, and Stencil Set, along with the Leafy Squares Stencil

To create my card, I first stamped the floral image from the Be Courageous Stamp using my Memory MISTI Tool on a piece of Canson Montval Watercolor Paper using Detail Black ink. This stamp has a coordinating three-piece Stencil Set which you can use to colour your image like I did, or you can also watercolour the floral image instead of using the stencils. I love how ALL the stamp sets in this release offer such versatility.  

I colored the image using the Be Courageous Stencil Set with a variety of Pinkfresh inks and Liquid Watercolors. 
(Ocean BreezeSummer ShowerSparkling Rose, Raspberry Bliss, Sunshine, Ballet Slipper, Coral Reef, Sky Blue, Key Lime, Emerald City). The best part about these coordinating stencils is that you can simply color the image without having to individually mask each section. Once I was done colouring the image, I die cut the panel using the coordinating Be Courageous Die and then trimmed my panel to my card size.

Next, I started working on my card background. I wanted to include a soft pop of colour, so that it would add a little something to the card without distracting too much from the card focal, and so, I used the Leafy Squares Stencil to create my background. I used FIVE  different inks to colour the panel and love how it turned out. The ink colours I used are: Coral Reef, Ballet Slipper, Sky Blue, Meadow, and Fresh Pear. I trimmed this panel to size and adhered it to some Gold Mirror Cardstock for contrast. Then, I adhered it down to my white slimline card base.

I then foam mounted the die cut panel to my card background for dimension. For my sentiment, I used Lea's Ornate Lowercase Die Set. I die cut the letters to spell hello twice from White Cardstock and Gold Mirror Cardstock. I ink blended the letters using Coral Reef and Ballet Slipper and then added the gold outlines to them for visual interest. I foam mounted these letters to my card background. The accompanying stamped sentiments from the (). I stamped it using Detail Black ink on a strip of white cardstock and then adhered it to my panel using foam tape. As the finishing touch, I used a couple of White Jewels


Hope you enjoyed looking at my cards today! I would love to heat what you think it!
Have a great day ahead!

1 comment: