Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Spellbinders October 2020 Card Kit | Dancin Santa


Hello, crafty friends!
It's the start of a new month which means it's time for a NEW Card Kit from Spellbinders. I have a couple of cards to share today featuring the October 2020 Card Kit by Spellbinders - Dancin Santa. If you haven't heard about the Monthly Card Kits by Spellbinders or don't know how to subscribe to one, you can go over to the Spellbinders website and/or blog and read more about them HERE


This "Dancin Santa" Kit, like all their other Card Kits, gives you everything you need to create 10 unique cards and even more. You now also get better goodies, including a 40 sheet paper pad, clear stamps, an adorable die set, tons of embellishments, and more!
I have FIVE Card ideas to share with you today using this kit, so let's get started!

Card #1
My card uses the Dancin Santa Paper PadDancin Santa Die Cut Shapes Set, and the exclusive dies in this month's Card Kit.

This month's Spellbinders Card Kit is all about the Holiday season and features an adorable (and exclusive) Santa Claus die set along with coordinating embellishments which will be just perfect for creating cards for Christmas. 

This is actually my first Holiday Card for the year featuring traditional colours, and needless to say, I was quite so excited to make it! To begin, I die cut the different elements for creating the Santa from Red, White, Black, Light Pink, and Gold Foil Cardstock. I also die cut the little gift box that you see in Santa's hand from a patterned paper from the Dancin Santa Paper Pad. Then, I assembled the different die cut pieced together and kept it aside to work on my card background.

I die cut a rectangular frame from a patterned paper from the Dancin Santa Paper Pad and adhered it over my A2 white folded card base using foam tape. Next, I started working on the focal for my card. I adhered the Santa to my panel using foam squares for dimension. Then, I pulled out a couple of die cuts to accentuate the design. The presents, Christmas tree, and the sentiment bubble are all from the Dancin Santa Die Cut Shapes Set. I wanted to add a little bit of glitter to dress up the die cuts, so I went ahead and added some Stickles Diamond Glitter Glue to the present on the right. I also added little dots of Diamond Glitter Glue on my card background to give it the effect of falling snow. To finish, I popped over a sentiment banner from the Dancin Santa Die Cut Shapes Set to my panel using foam squares. I know the gold foil isn't very visible in the photographs, but it looks real pretty in person! 

I really LOVE how this month's Santa Claus Die Set offers so many creative possibilities, including creating an interactive Santa with moving legs - Yes, the die has been designed in a very clever way to give you lots of options. You may choose to create a 2D Santa (like I have on my card) or create an interactive one. Either way it looks so CUTE! 


Card #2
My card uses the Dancin Santa Paper Pad, and the Dancin Santa Die Cut Shapes Set.

This card was pretty simple to put together and I like how it turned out. To start off, I selected a patterned paper design from the Dancin Santa Paper Pad and then trimmed it to size to adhere over my card panel. I then cut a strip of another patterned paper print which would coordinate with the striped background. I wanted to balance the two designs, so I added a 1/4" strip of Gold Mirror Cardstock in between the seams. 

Next, I picked out some poinsettia flowers along with coordinating holly leaves from the Dancin Santa Die Cut Shapes Set and adhered them to my panel using foam dots. Then, I adhered some additional die cut foliage to give the design a more finished look. Once that was done, I adhered two sentiment banners which are also from the Dancin Santa Die Cut Shapes Set, and that's it, my card was done!


Card #3
My card uses the Dancin Santa Paper PadDancin Santa Die Cut Shapes Set, Chipboard Stickers, and Puffy Stickers in this month's Kit. 

To begin, I selected a patterned paper design from the Dancin Santa Paper Pad and adhered it over to my card panel. Next, I die cut a hill slope from White Cardstock and adhered it down to my card panel.

Then, I tucked in a Chipboard embellishment behind the slope and added Ranger Stickles Diamond Glitter Glue to the roofs of the house for visual interest. Next, I added a scalloped banner die cut to the edge of my card panel along with a thin strip of Gold Mirror Cardstock. I also adhered a lamp post, some penguins, and my sentiment banner to my card panel, all of which are die cuts from the Dancin Santa Die Cut Shapes Set.

My card was almost finished at this point, but I decided to add a few other elements to balance the design. I added a fishtail banner and a mini sentiment tag (again from the Dancin Santa Die Cut Shapes Set) to the right hand side of the card to give the design a more cohesive look. To finish, I added some mini snowflake Puffy Stickers. I don't tend to make 'Cute Cards' very often, so it was nice to tap into this zone. :)


Card #4
My card uses the Dancin Santa Paper PadDancin Santa Die Cut Shapes Set, and the Dancin Santa Stamp set. 

To create my card, I first picked a patterned paper print from the Dancin Santa Paper Pad which would work well with my card design. I adhered it down to my card base and then layered it with Gold Mirror Cardstock. Next, I added a layer of White Cardstock over it. 

I selected another patterned paper design from the Dancin Santa Paper Pad and then trimmed it to adhere over my card panel. Then, I added a contrasting strip of striped patterned paper to the bottom of the card to bring it all together. This card has a lot of layering in it, but I like how it looks in the end. 

Once I was done adhering all the different layers, it was time to embellish my card. I die cut a circle using the Circle Around Die Set from White Cardstock and popped it to my panel using foam dots. I colored the rims of the circles using Pool Play Ink and then stamped my sentiment in the centre of the circle. I used the Dancin Stamp Set for my sentiment and stamped it using Licorice Ink. I then picked out various die cuts from the Dancin Santa Die Cut Shapes Set and adhered them down to my panel, namely the snowmen, the peppermint stick, candy, holly leaves and berries. I also added a die cut scalloped border to the bottom of the card panel to tie it all in together. I added some red cupped sequins as the finishing touch for my card. 


Card #5
My card uses the Dancin Santa Paper PadDancin Santa Die Cut Shapes Set, and the Dancin Santa Stamp set. 

I wanted to make this a CAS card, but as usual, I couldn't help but add a couple of layers to it, so this didn't turn out quite as simple as I had first imagined. :D For this card, I first picked out two contrasting patterned papers from the Dancin Santa Paper Pad and adhered them over my card base. I don't know if you have noticed, but I have used this pink and red striped patterned paper in three of my five cards, so you can safely assume I am obsessed with this print! :) I love the beautiful powder blue snowflake design too. It gives the look of white heat-embossed snowflakes which I think is very cool! 

Next, I die cut a hill slope from White Cardstock and stamped my sentiment on it which is from the Dancin Santa Stamp Set. The font of the sentiment is really tiny, but I love the dainty look! I adhered the die cut slope to my card panel using foam dots.  Once that was done, I added some Stickles Diamond Glitter Glue along the the edge of the slope for more interest.

I then pulled out some die cut pieces to help me create a little scene on the card front. I simply love how the Dancin Santa Die Cut Shapes Set has so many different options to choose from. It is certainly very handy to create cards in a jiffy. I adhered all the die cut shapes, including the sentiment bubble, using foam squares. To complete my card, I added little dots of Ranger Diamond Glitter Glue on the trees to give it a more festive look!



If you want to find out more about the Club – prices, how you sign up and what’s included, please look ——–> HERE
 The Card Kits for Spellbinders Monthly Clubs are exclusive to Spellbinders and you won't find them anywhere else, so be sure to gets yours before it gets sold out! If there are any leftovers, they are added to the Spellbinders store for sale at full price after a few months. You can see all of the past Card Kits HERE.
Card Kit of the Month Membership
If you'd like to see some more project inspiration using the Card Kit, check out THIS super helpful YouTube video that has some awesome card ideas using the Card Kit. 

That's it from me for today! I hope you liked my cards. Let me know if you have any favourite(s)! I would love to hear from you.
If you would like to see more of my work using Spellbinders, do follow my Instagram page - @hussena_cal
Thank you so much for your visit to my blog today!

No comments:

Post a Comment