Saturday, August 15, 2020

Spellbinders + Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month | August 2020


Hello, crafty friends!
Hope you are doing well and are safe and healthy!
I have a Card to share today featuring the Spellbinders + Amazing Paper Grace August Die of the Month. This month's "Pop Up 3D Vignette Telephone" Set is perfect for making exquisite cards, a gift card caddy, and more. 
Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month Membership

If you want to find out more about the Club – prices, how you sign up and what’s included, please look ——–> HERE. These dies are only available through the Club and are limited to the month of August, so hurry before they are sold out. If there are any leftovers, they are added to the Spellbinders store for sale at full price. You can see all of the past Dies of the Month HERE.

I have made a Shaped Card using this month's Pop Up 3D Vignette Telephone Die set. I had two different card ideas in my mind at first, but I decided to stick to one. Like I say every month, Becca is a GENIUS when it comes to designing dies and manages to bowl me always! If you're a die aficionado like me, you should definitely consider subscribing to the Amazing Paper Grace [APG] Monthly Club

I wanted to create this Vintage Telephone Card in pastel tones, so I worked with very light pinks for my entire card design. To start off, I die cut the base of the telephone from Baby Pink Cardstock. I die cut it twice, one for the front of the card and the other for the backside, so that it would give a more finished look. Next, I die cut it from a soft, baby pink patterned paper so that I could adhere it over my base die-cut.
Here's how the backside of the Card looks:

I adhered the layers and then assembled it together to create the basic framework for my card. Once that was done, I die cut the telephone handset from DCWV Pastels Solid Textured Cardstock and the coordinating handset caps for it from Whip Cream Cardstock and adhered it all down using the Journey Craft Glue. You may think that this die set is a tad bit complicated to play with, but once you start working with it, you will realize how simple and quick it is to put these 3D Telephone Sets together. They are really fun to make too and the process made me feel very therapeutic.

Next, I die cut the rotary dial for the telephone from the same DCWV Pastels Solid Textured Cardstock, while the numbers were die cut from Baby Pink Cardstock. I inlay the sentiment piece 'Call Me' to add some interest to my design and popped the numbers to my card using foam squares for dimension.

The telephone was looking good as is, but I decided to include a lil' floral spray to spruce things up! I die cut the flowers from the Amazing Paper Grace July Die Set from White Cardstock and coloured them using two different ink colours from Fun Stampers Journey - Bubble Gum and Rustic Rose. Once they were coloured, I embossed the petals using Embossing Ball Tools and added white pollens to the centres to give them a more natural look. I also added some leaves, foliage, and rose buds to complete my floral spray.

Here's a look at the insides of the Card. I die cut a layer using the Pop Up 3D Vignette Telephone from Whip Cream Cardstock and adhered it down so that the recipient can write their message/thoughts. 

And here is my completed card. I think I like how this turned out. What do you think?


If you haven't had a chance to look at the Spellbinders Club Kits yet, do check them out. You can find more information about them HERE.

If you would like to see more project inspiration using the Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month, visit the Spellbinders blog to see the project samples created using it. There is also a super helpful YouTube video which you can see HERE which shows you how to use the die set in a creative way!

The Club dies are absolutely great value for money and the cost of the kit includes shipping cost within USA. So, what are you waiting for? Sign up as soon as possible!
Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month Membership

That's it from me for today! I hope you liked my card.
If you would like to see more of my work using Spellbinders, do follow my Instagram page - @hussena_cal
Thank you so much for your visit to my blog today!

2 comments: