Monday, August 17, 2020

Spellbinders Sparkling Christmas Collection | 'Tis The Season Card

Hello, crafty friends!
I have a Card to share today featuring dies and Glimmer Plates from the Spellbinders Sparkling Chirstmas Collection. I created a bunch of holiday projects recently using this collection and can't wait to share them all here. I don't know if it is too early to start on Christmas cards, but I thoroughly enjoyed creating them.

My Card for today features the Sunday Drive with Santa Etched Dies and the sentiment Glimmer Plates from the Holiday Sentiments Series 2 Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die Set.

When I saw the Sunday Drive with Santa Etched Dies, I immediately knew that I wanted to create a scene-based card using it. To start, I die cut the different components of the car from the Shapeabilities Sunday Drive Etched Dies using my Spellbinders Platinum 6" Die Cut Machine. The Sunday Drive with Santa Etched Dies is designed to work with the previously released Sunday Drive Die Set. If you have that set already, this is a must-have add-on! 

I die cut the pieces of the car from Whip Cream CardstockGold Mirror Cardstock, Cranberry Bliss Cardstock, and Black Licorice Cardstock. I assembled it together and then kept it aside. Next, I die cut the figure of Santa and Rudolph from the Sunday Drive with Santa Etched Dies from the Brights Glitter Cardstock Stack by DCWV. I love the sparkly finish and think it really adds that little something to the card! I also die cut the number plate frame 'Be Merry' from Gold Mirror Cardstock and added it to my car.

Once this was done, I started working on my card background. I took a piece of Neenah Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock, and ink blended the background using Chipped Sapphire, Blueprint Sketch, and Broken China Distress inks.  Once I was happy with the way it looked, I die cut a circle from the centre of the panel using the Nestabilities Standard Circles LG Etched Dies. Next, I took another panel and ink blended the background using Chipped Sapphire and Stormy Sky Distress inks. Once that was done, I stenciled the background using an old Heidi Swapp Stencil and Gold Glimmer Paste. I love the contrast of the gold against the blue. I think it looks quite striking! 

Next I die cut some little poinsettia flowers and fern leaves from the Sunday Drive with Santa Etched Dies from Glitter Cardstock. I adhered them over my car and on a few places on my card panel. 

For the sentiment, I chose one of the Glimmer Plates in the Holiday Sentiments Series 2 Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die Set. I used Gold Foil to glimmer the sentiment onto a strip of Black Licorice Cardstock. I trimmed it and adhered it to my panel using foam squares. Lastly, I added some green jewels to the centres of the flowers and adhered my panel to my card base to finish. 

Thanks for joining me today to take a look at the new Christmas Collections from Spellbinders. I would love to hear what you think of my card. :)

If you would like to see more of my work using Spellbinders, do follow my Instagram page - @hussena_cal
Thank you so much for your visit to my blog today!

2 comments:

  1. Hussena, with a card this fabulous, who would need a gift?? Just fabulous!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hussena, Congratulation , Pretty Card and Dies.

    ReplyDelete