Saturday, July 4, 2020

Spellbinders + Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month | July 2020


Hello, crafty friends!
Hope you are doing well and are safe and healthy!
Wishing a very happy fourth of July to my US friends. 💛
I have a Card to share today featuring the Spellbinders + Amazing Paper Grace July Die of the Month. This month's "Fanfare" Set is perfect for making exquisite cards, boxes, bags, envelopes, and more.
Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month Membership
If you want to find out more about the Club – prices, how you sign up and what’s included, please look ——–> HERE. These dies are only available through the Club and are limited to the month of July, so hurry before they are sold out. If there are any leftovers, they are added to the Spellbinders store for sale at full price. You can see all of the past Dies of the Month HERE.

The 'Fanfare' set is so exquisite and I decided to create a Shaped Card to showcase the design in its full glory. I know, I say this every month, but Becca's dies always leave me spellbound. She keeps outdoing herself each time and I LOVE each and every design of hers. Here's a look at my Card:

To create my card, I first took a sheet of Buttercream Cardstock and die cut the main Card frame die using my Spellbinders Platinum Die Cutting & Embossing Machine.  I used the partial die-cutting technique here to create a hinged card base. If you don't know how to create one, you can check out Becca Feeken's tutorial HERE where she shows you how to create one.

Once my card base was ready, I started working on the main focal for my card. I die cut the decorative inlay piece from the Fanfare Set from Buttercream Cardstock and Gold Mirror Cardstock. I also die cut it from Fun Foam and adhered it to my card base for dimension. Then, I adhered the other two layers over this foam layer, albeit I off-set them a little, so that the gold would peek through.

The filigree oval is super beautiful and I did not want to take the focus away from it, so I kept my embellishments minimal. I die cut a circle from the Nestabilities Hemstitch Circles Etched Die Set and stamped my sentiment on it. I used the Studio Katia Birthday Greetings Stamp Set for my sentiment and stamped it using Black Licorice True Fusion ink. Next, I die cut the fanfare motif die from Whipped Cream Cardstock. I die cut two pieces of them and tucked them in beside the circle on both sides.

For my floral spray, I used the flower dies included in the Fanfare Set. I die cut them from White Deckled Edged Paper and coloured them using Distress Spray Stains in Abandoned Coral and Wild Honey. I also lightly shaped the centres using an Embossing Ball Tool tip from the Stylus Tips for Tool N' One and added pollens to the centres for a more natural look. I also tucked in some leaves and foliage to complete the look. And that's about it! This card was such a joy to create!

If you haven't had a chance to look at the Spellbinders Club Kits yet, do check them out. You can find more information about them HERE.

If you would like to see more project inspiration using the Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month, visit the Spellbinders blog to see the project samples created using it. There is also a super helpful YouTube video which you can see HERE which shows you how to use the die set in a creative way!
The Club dies are absolutely great value for money and the cost of the kit includes shipping cost within USA. So, what are you waiting for? Sign up as soon as possible!
Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month Membership
That's it from me for today! I hope you liked my card.
If you would like to see more of my work using Spellbinders, do follow my Instagram page @hussena_cal
Thank you so much for your visit to my blog today!

No comments:

Post a Comment