Thursday, August 20, 2020

Spellbinders Fall/Halloween Collection | Hey Boo! Card

Hello, crafty friends!
I am back today to share a Card using the Spellbinders Fall/Halloween Collection. I am not someone who creates a lot of Halloween Cards, so this was a bit challenging for me. However, I love all the products in the Collection and have used a few today to create a Halloween Shaker Card. Sounds fun?

My card today uses the fun Spider Web Background Glimmer Hot Foil Plate along with the Die D-Lites Halloween Sunday Drive Etched Die. I have combined hot foil stamping, die cutting, and a Shaker to create my card. Here's a look at it:

To start off, I took a piece of Neenah Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock (110 LBS) and ink blended the background using Wilted Violet, Dusty Concord, and Shaded Lilac Distress inks. At this point, I accidentally knocked some water over my panel, effectively giving it a very bleached look. I kinda liked the way it looked, so left it as is. Once I was happy with how the panel looked, I trimmed it to size to create my card panel. Next, I used the Spider Web Background Glimmer Hot Foil Plate to hot foil the spider webs on the top half of my panel using my Glimmer Foil Machine and Glimmer Hot Foil Roll - Silver. Once that was done, I die cut a circle from this panel using the Nestabilities Standard Circles Etched Dies.

To create my Shaker, I die cut a piece of Acetate and adhered a panel of Lemon Drop Cardstock at the back.  Then, I added sequins from the Sunrise Mix Sequins and assembled it together to create my Shaker.

Next, I die cut some bats from the Die D-Lites Halloween Sunday Drive Etched Die from Black Licorice Cardstock. I also die cut a skeleton from Whip Cream Cardstock and some additional embellishments like leaves and the skulls. I coloured the leaves using Lemon Drop Ink to coordinate with the background of the Shaker piece.

To complete my card, I die cut a sentiment from the Die D-Lites Halloween Sunday Drive Etched Die from Black Licorice Cardstock and Lemon Drop Cardstock and layered the two together to create my sentiment frame. I foam mounted my panel to my card base created from Black Licorice Cardstock. Lastly, I used the Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Pen over the frame to add some subtle shimmer.


Thanks for joining me today to take a look at the new  Fall/Halloween Collections from Spellbinders. I would love to hear what you think of my card. :)

If you would like to see more of my work using Spellbinders, do follow my Instagram page - @hussena_cal
Thank you so much for your visit to my blog today!

1 comment:

  1. One would never know you don't make Halloween cards often, Hussena!! These are fabBOOlous!
    =]

    ReplyDelete