Saturday, August 8, 2020

Spellbinders Stylish Script Glimmer Hot Foil Plates | Cards


Hello, crafty friends!
Hope you are doing well and are safe and sound!
I have a Card Set to share today using the Spellbinders Stylish Script Glimmer Hot Foil Plates. I created my cards a while ago, but am finally getting around to sharing them.

The phrases in the Collection are handwritten in a stylish font that is fresh and modern with a playful twist.The Glimmer Hot Foil Plates are designed to be used with the Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil System (or other compatible hot foil system).
For You Glimmer Hot Foil Plate Set from the Stylish Script Collection
Thank You & Happy Birthday Glimmer Hot Foil Plate Set from the Stylish Script Collection
I created this card using the classic White & Gold combination and I like how it turned out. This card is slightly bigger than my usual cards as the sentiment square is about 2.5" X 2.5" by itself.

This card was rather quick to create as the Glimmer Plate did all the work for me. To create my card, I trimmed a piece of Whip Cream Cardstock to 5.5" X 5" to create my card panel. I wanted to keep the For You Glimmer Hot Foil Plate the focal of my card, hence I die cut a square to foil my sentiment on it. I used the Classic Squares - Spellbinders Nestabilities Dies for it. Then, I used my Glimmer Hot Foil System to foil the sentiment on the die cut using the Glimmer Hot Foil Roll - Gold. I love the clean and crisp look of it!

I adhered the sentiment piece to my previously cut panel using foam adhesive. To embellish my card, I die cut an array of flowers, leaves, and foliage using the dies from the June 2020 Card Kit from Spellbinders - Life is a Party. GOOD NEWS! This kit is now available for retail purchase, so you can buy it till stock lasts. I die cut the flowers and leaves from Whip Cream Cardstock and Gold Mirror Cardstock and adhered them to my panel using a mix of foam squares and Journey Craft Glue.

To complete my card, I trimmed a piece of Gold Mirror Cardstock to create a mat for my card panel. Then, I adhered this down to my card base.

I had some leftover die cut pieces from my first card, so I decided to create a Mini Notecard to go along with my card. To start off, I die cut the card base using the Candlewick Circles Etched Dies. I love the elegant, embroidered look of the dies in this collection. They are my all time favourite!

For this card, I decided to use the 'Thank You' Glimmer Plate from the Thank You & Happy Birthday Glimmer Hot Foil Plate Set as it fit on my card panel perfectly! I used the Glimmer Hot Foil Roll - Gold to foil my sentiment on a circle die cut. The circle was die cut from Whip Cream Cardstock using my good ol' Nestabilities Standard Circles Etched Dies. I love how all these classic dies always come in handy even today.

I arranged all the die cut pieces on my panel and adhered them down using foam dots and Journey Craft Glue. I love it when cards come together so quickly! :D

That's it from me for today! I hope you liked my cards! I would love to hear what you think of them. :)

If you would like to see more of my work using Spellbinders, do follow my Instagram page - @hussena_cal
Thank you so much for your visit to my blog today!

1 comment:

  1. Hussena! Your celebration card would make a fabulous wedding card!! So beautiful... and every wedding guest would be so happy to receive such beautiful thank you!
    You won't believe it... I JUST ordered these Candlewick dies yesterday on their BOGO sale! Great minds? xo
    =]

    ReplyDelete