Sunday, February 20, 2022

Spellbinders Large Die of the Month | February 2022

Hello, crafty friends!
I hope you're having a great weekend so far! I have a spring-time card to share today featuring the Spellbinders Large Die of the Month Kit. This month’s Large Die of the Month Kit, “Typing Class“, is a huge set of 22 dies that can be used to cut a beautiful typewriter, several sentiments, and a big bouquet of leaves and flowers. 

You can join the Spellbinders Large Die of the Month Kit and receive an expertly designed die set each month along with membership-only savings! If you join between now and February 24th, you will receive this gorgeous “Typing Class” Die Set.  There is no commitment and you can cancel at any time. Click HERE for more information.

This month's die set create a detailed typewriter that when stacked together creates a fun dimensional look that fits easily into an 5″x7″ envelope. I used most of the dies included in the kit to create this 5″ x 7″ card for creating a springtime thank-you card.

To create my card, I first die-cut Snowdrift, Pink Sand, and Silver Glitter Cardstock using the main typewriter design, keyboard, the key strips, knob, and the backer dies. I assembled the different pieces following the Video Tutorial on the Spellbinders YouTube channel, which you can check out HERE. This was rather easy to put together and super fun as well! Next, I die-cut Snowdrift and Silver Glitter Cardstock using one of the sentiment dies included in the set. I adhered the white die-cut sentiment on top of the silver die-cut with Craft Glue, and then ink blended Picked Raspberry ink to the bottom three-quarters of the sentiment die-cut piece for more depth. I used 3D Foam Adhesive Tape to adhere my sentiment piece on the typewriter, giving it some extra dimension. 

Next, to embellish my card, I die-cut Wild BerryBeeswaxRainforest, and Teal Topaz Cardstock using the flower and leaf dies included in the set. Once I had the desired number of die-cut pieces, I adhered them on my card front using a combination of foam adhesive and Craft Glue. Next, I die-cut Snowdrift Cardstock using the typewriter message die included in the Clear Stamp & Die of the Month Club. Then, I stamped a sentiment from the Old School Notes Set and popped it on my panel using foam adhesive

Then, to create my card background, I embossed a piece of Onyx Cardstock using the Sketched Floral Embossing Folder of the Month Set. and lightly distressed the raised areas using a Distressing Tool to add texture and dimension. I matted this panel with a piece of Pink Sand Cardstock before adhering it to a top-folding 5"X7" card base with tape runner. I popped the typewriter up on top and added a few Prism AB Color Essentials Gems to embellish.

 
If you'd like to see some more project inspiration using the Large Die of the Month Kit, check out the Spellbinders Blog where you can find some stunning project samples using it.  
 

Limited Period Offer
SAVE $25 Off $100+ orders on the Spellbinders website. This is a cart-level discount that will be applied to all orders with a subtotal of $100+, clubs are not eligible for this promotion.

 That’s it for me today! I hope you liked my take on the die set! If you like what you've seen from me, please give me a follow over on my Instagram (@hussena_cal) and/or subscribe to my blog if you haven't already.

No comments:

Post a Comment