Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month | February 2022


Hello, crafty friends!
I have an ornate layered card to share today featuring the Spellbinders & Amazing Paper Grace February 2022 Die of the Month Set. This month's "Marvelous Medallion" Set is perfect for making gorgeous layered cards, tags, gift boxes, gift baskets, gift card holders, mini albums, and more. This die set features 13 dies.

This month’s set comes with 13 dies that can be used to cut decorative background panels, flowers, and banners.  The die set includes a split doily or split medallion that allows you to lay in any sentiment that you desire.  The banner shape is versatile and can be filled with filigree or left solid. There are also two flower dies included in the set, which you can arrange in a cross to create a flower. It's so simple and easy!

My card is 5" inches squared and I used the split medallion dies with the background panel dies to add depth and layers on my card design.

To create my card, I first die-cut AlabasterMirror Gold Cardstock, and Pink Sand Cardstock using the Split Medallion Dies included in the Marvelous Medallion Set. I affixed the detailed swallowtail mirror gold die cut onto base swallowtail label and then adhered the detailed die cut layers together using Craft Glue. Next, I adhered the base layers together, offsetting the gold mirror die cut to create a shadow.

Next, I die-cut Alabaster Cardstock using the intricate Banner Die included in the set. I die cut the layers a total of four times in order to help me create a background panel using the strips. Once I had all the die-cut layers, I adhered the strips down on my card panel using  Craft Glue. Next, I die-cut Mirror Gold Cardstock and Pink Sand Cardstock using the Nestabilities Classic Ovals (Large) Etched Die Set. Next, I adhered the layers together, offsetting the gold mirror die cut to create a shadow, and stamped a sentiment from the Embroidery Flowers Set using Versafine Onyx Black ink in the centre of the die-cut piece.

Next, it was time to embellish my card. I die-cut Pink Sand, Peridot, and Mirror Gold Cardstock using the flower and leafy branch dies included in the Marvelous Medallion Die Set. Once that was done, I used a medium pink Copic Marker to flick some colour out from the center to add some quick colour to the flowers. Then, I embossed each die-cut piece with a Ball Stylus and added white pearls to the flower centres for a bit of interest. Then, I tucked in a white satin ribbon bow near the sentiment for interest and adhered the floral spray down on my panel using Hot Glue. Next, I matted my panel with layers of Pink Sand and Mirror Gold Cardstock before adhering it to a top-folding square-sized white card base with tape runner. I finished the card by adding some green pearls all over my card panel for visual interest.


The Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month is available exclusively at Spellbinders Paper Arts during February 2022. You can get the Marvelous Medallion Die Set at the special Cub Kit price, along with other membership perks.


If you'd like to see some more project inspiration using the Marvelous Medallion Die Set, check out the Spellbinders Blog where Becca shares some stunning project samples using it.  
 

Limited Period Offer
Don't miss the BOGO (Buy One Get One) Die Cutting Sale going on over at Spellbinders from now until Sunday. Be sure to take advantage of the sale and stock up on your favourite die sets!
    

That’s it for me today! I hope you liked my take on the die set! If you like what you've seen from me, please give me a follow over on my Instagram (@hussena_cal) and/or subscribe to my blog if you haven't already.

No comments:

Post a Comment