Monday, February 21, 2022

Spellbinders February 2022 Clear Stamp & Die Club Kit | Old School Notes


Hello, crafty friends!
Hope your Monday is off to a great start! I have a Birthday Card to share today made using the Spellbinders Clear Stamp & Die of the Month  Old School Notes.

The Spellbinders Clear Stamp of the Month features a cute typewriter with stamped details inside, several types of flowers, and darling sentiments, which you can mix and match with the other Club Kits for February Kits such as the Large Die of the Month Kit for endless possibilities! This is a 17-piece clear photopolymer 4 x 6 stamp set perfect for many cardmaking projects and lots of occasions. This “Old School Notes” stamp set features made in the USA stamps from high-quality photo-polymer for clear, crisp impressions. 

There is also a Spellbinders Clear Stamp Club Kit without the die set, which you can opt for if you don't wish to receive the coordinating dies.

 You may notice a theme from my last post - Typewriters. I’m having such a blast creating with these this month! I decided to create a watercolored Birthday Card using the Old School Notes Stamp set along with the Typing Class Die Set and the Nestabilities Hemstitch Rectangles Etched Dies.

To create my card, I first stamped a number of the images from the  Old School Notes Stamp set on to Snowdrift Cardstock using Versafine Onyx Black ink. Next, I colored the images using the Jane Davenport Watercolors Neutrals Set. Once the images were all colored and dry, I die cut the images using the coordinating dies

Next, I die-cut Beeswax, DahliaRainforest, and Teal Topaz Cardstock using the flower and leaf dies included in the Typing Class Die Set. Then, I went ahead and stamped some additional solid leaves from the stamp set on to Snowdrift Cardstock using Electric Lime ink and cut them out using the  coordinating dies to use as foliage. Next, I die-cut Snowdrift Cardstock using the typewriter message die included in the Clear Stamp & Die of the Month Club and stamped a sentiment on it using Versafine Onyx Black ink and popped it on my panel using foam adhesive

Next, to create my card background, I die-cut Snowdrift Cardstock using the Extra Large Frame Die from the Hemstitch Rectangles Etched Die Set. Then, I wet my panel with water and used Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers, and Cracked Pistachio Distress Inks with a Water Brush in a dabbing motion, allowing the colors to mix slightly. I let the panel dry and then added some grey and teal paint splatters for interest. Then, I stamped one of the sentiment pieces from the Old School Notes Stamp set using Pumice Stone Distress Oxide ink randomly all over the panel to create a vintage letter look. I really love how it adds a little something to the background. 

Once that was done, I adhered the stamped images to the background panel using foam adhesive. Then, I matted the panel with layers of Silver Glitter and Silver Fox Cardstock before adhering it to a top-folding white card base with tape runner. 


I hope you liked my card and thank you so much for stopping by today. You can subscribe to any of the Spellbinders Clubs between the 1st - 24th of each month and never miss a fun kit like this again!
  

Don't miss out on the Be our Valentine Sale that is currently going on at Spellbinders. You can SAVE $25 Off $100+ on your orders on the Spellbinders website. This is a cart-level discount that will be applied to all orders with a subtotal of $100+, clubs are not eligible for this promotion.


 If you like what you've seen from me, please give me a follow over on my Instagram (@hussena_cal) and/or subscribe to my blog if you haven't already.
Wishing you a great day ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment