Saturday, February 5, 2022

Guest Post using Spellbinders Classically Becca Collection


Hello everyone!
I am so thrilled to share that I am guest designing on the Spellbinders blog today. I have three projects to share, highlighting the NEW Classically Becca Collection by Becca Feeken of Amazing Paper Grace. This STUNNING Collection features an array of intricate and elegant motifs that Amazing Paper Grace by Becca Feeken is known for.


My first card features the With Love Regalia Card Builder Etched Dies, along with the Cinch and Go Blossoms Etched Dies, Circle Meets Square Etched Dies, and Scalloped Symphony Notecard Etched Dies. I simply love the intricate Card Builder Inserts included in the With Love Regalia Card Builder Etched Dies and had to create a tall Slimline Card using it. It looks so rich and elegant! 

To create my card, I first die cut Barely Peach Cardstock using the Scalloped Notecard Die included in the Scalloped Symphony Notecard Etched Dies. Next, I die cut Snowdrift Cardstock and Mirror Gold Cardstock using the Card Builder Card Builder Rims and Insert Die from the With Love Regalia Card Builder Etched Dies.  I cut the die twice, on either edge of the panel, to create a continuous slimline background. Then, I adhered them together with the Bearly Art Original Precision Craft Glue, allowing the gold layer to peek out from behind the ivory layer a bit. 

Next, I die cut Brushed Silver Cardstock using the Square Rim and Insert Die in the Circle Meets Square Etched Dies. I  layered them together with Craft Glue, and then attached it to my panel using foam squares for a raised effect. Next, I die cut Brushed Silver and Mirror Gold Cardstock using the Sentiment Rim and Insert Die included in the With Love Regalia Card Builder Etched Die Set and adhered it to the die-cut card panel with Craft Glue, slightly offsetting the die-cuts so that a gold shadow forms. Once that was done, I die cut Snowdrift Cardstock, Mirror Gold Cardstock, and White Foam using the 'With Love' die from the same die set. I adhered them together with liquid glue, allowing the gold layer to peek out from behind the white layer a bit. 

I die cut Snowdrift Cardstock using the flower and leaf dies in the Cinch and Go Blossoms Etched Die Set and Cinch and Go - III Die Set. I used Watercolor Pans to colour the flowers and leaves and then used a dark pink Copic Marker to flick some colour out from the center to add some quick colour to the petals. Then, I embossed each petal and leaf with a Ball Stylus and added micro-fine gold glitter balls and white wire pollens to the flower centres for a bit of pizzazz. 

I then adhered the layers together with Craft Glue before arranging them around the sentiment panel. To finish, I matted the background panel with layers of with Mirror Gold Cardstock and Brushed Silver Cardstock before adhering it a side-folding 3.5” x 8.5” ivory card base. This was such a labour of love, but I truly enjoyed working on every bit of it!


As you can tell, I am a fan of Slimline Cards and just can't create enough of them. I used the Adoring Fleurette Card Builder Etched Dies for this card and paired it with the Scalloped Symphony Notecard Etched Dies to create a soft springtime card.

I started by die-cutting Raindrop Cardstock using the  Scalloped Notecard Die included in the Scalloped Symphony Notecard Etched Dies. Next, I die cut Snowdrift Cardstock and White Foam using the Card Builder Rims and Insert Dies from the Adoring Fleurette Card Builder Etched Dies.  I cut the die twice, on either edge of the panel, to create a continuous slimline background. Then, I adhered them together with the Bearly Art Original Precision Craft Glue on my background panel. 

Next, I die cut Snowdrift Cardstock and White Foam using the Square Rim Die included in the Circle Meets Square Etched Dies and adhered it down on my panel using Craft Glue. Then, I die cut Raindrop, Snowdrift Cardstock and White Foam using the Sentiment Rim and Insert Dies included in the Adoring Fleurette Card Builder Etched Dies and layered them together using liquid glue. Next, I die cut Mirror Gold Cardstock using the 'Adoring You' die from the set and adhered it down on my panel using Craft Glue

Once that was done, I die cut Snowdrift Cardstock using the flower and stem dies in the Adoring Fleurette Card Builder Etched Die Set. I did some quick colouring on the die cut pieces using Copic Markers and then arranged them around my sentiment panel using Craft Glue. I also flicked some colour with a medium pink Copic marker out from the center to add some highlights to the flower die-cuts. 

Then, to complete, I adhered the background panel to a top-folding 3.5” x 8.5” white card base made out of Snowdrift Cardstock using tape runner. I love how simple and easy this card was to put together. The elegant die cut pieces did all the work for me!


I loved the large Corner Frame in the A2 Filigree Marquis Etched Dies and thought it would be the perfect background to pair with the flowers in the Cinch and Go Blossoms Etched Die Set  and Adoring Fleurette Card Builder Etched Dies for this A2-sized friendship card.

To create my card, I started by die-cutting Beeswax Cardstock and White Foam using the Large Corner Frame Insert and Insert Rim Dies in theA2 Filigree Marquis Etched Dies. Next, I die cut Barely Peach Cardstock using the the Filigree Oval Outline Die from the same set. Once that was done, I die cut Snowdrift Cardstock and Mirror Gold Cardstock using the Filigree Oval Insert Die and layered the pieces together using liquid glueslightly offsetting the die-cuts so that a gold shadow forms. Then, I die cut Snowdrift Cardstock and Mirror Gold Cardstock using the Oval Inner Rim Die from the same set. I stamped a sentiment from the I'm Here for You Sentiments Clear Stamp in the centre of the die-cut piece using Versafine Onyx Black ink iand adhered the layers together using liquid glue, allowing a bit of the gold to show as a shadow. I then popped it on the die-cut panel using foam adhesive for dimension. 

I die cut Snowdrift Cardstock using the flower and vine dies from the Cinch and Go Blossoms Etched Die Set  and Adoring Fleurette Card Builder Etched Dies and coloured the pieces using Watercolor half-pans. Once the flower die cuts had dried, I used a Red Copic Marker to add some highlights to the pieces. Then, I embossed each petal and leaf with a Ball Stylus and added ivory thread pollens to the flower centres for interest. I then adhered the layers together with Craft Glue before arranging them around the sentiment panel. To finish, I matted the background panel with layers of with  Snowdrift Cardstock and Mirror Gold Cardstock before adhering it a top-folding A2 white card base with tape runner. I love how each die set contains all the elements and layers required to complete a design from start to finish. 


 SPELLBINDERS SUPPLIES:
CS-007, CS-010, CS-019, CS-027, SCS-117, SCS-118, SCS-160, SDS-167, S4-1163, S4-1164, S5-491, S5-492, S5-493, S6-177, PCGO4E, PE-100, T-021, AD-0084

OTHER SUPPLIES:
Neenah Solar White Cardstock, Copic Markers, Versafine Onyx Black Ink, Heat Tool, MISTI Stamping Tool, Gold Glitter Balls, Ivory Thread Pollens, Groove Golf Tools, Tape Runner.

I hope you enjoyed this set of layered floral cards and have been inspired to create with these gorgeous dies from the Classically Becca Collection. Thank you so much for stopping by!
You can find more inspiration over at my Instagram page.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my these are just gorgeous, love detail background and the flowers are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete