Friday, December 10, 2021

Spellbinders Cardmaker II Collection | Guest Post


Hello, crafty friends!
 I’m so thrilled to be guest designing on the Spellbinders blog using the new Cardmaker II Stamp Collection. The beautifully illustrated images in this collection inspired me to create three easy and fun cards for a variety of occasions. 


My first project features the Love Never Fails Stamp Set and the New Start Stamp Set. I fell in love with the floral images in the Love Never Fails Stamp Set and had to use them right away for my Slimline Card. This set comprises of 20 clear photopolymer stamps and one can create a wonderful bouquet of flowers to a field of blooms using it. It's very versatile!

To create my card, I first stamped the various images from the Love Never Fails onto Snowdrift Cardstock using Pink Diamond and Rubellite inks for the blooms and Bamboo and Fresh Leaf inks for the leaves and foliage. Once I had all my images stamped, I fussy-cut them out using a pair of scissors. 

Next, I stamped the butterflies from the New Start Stamp Set using Versamark Embossing ink onto Snowdrift Cardstock and used the Journey Gold Embossing Powder to heat-emboss the images with the help of a Heat Tool. I coloured the wings of the butterflies using the Jane Davenport Mermaid Markers and fussy-cut the images using  a pair of scissors, leaving a small white border. Then, I die cut Vellum using the Circle 2 Die from the Nestabilities Hemstitch Circles Etched Dies. Once that was done, I die cut Snowdrift Cardstock using the Medium Circle Outer Rim, Insert, and Inner Rim Dies from the Fluted Classics Circle Etched Dies

Next, I die cut Snowdrift Cardstock using the Large Rectangle Rim and Insert Dies from the the Hemstitch Slimline Etched Dies and embossed the panel using the Diagonal Stripes Slimline Embossing Folder. I then flicked some Gold and Black Acrylic Paint on my panel using a paint brush for a fun splatter effect. 

Then to assemble my card, I adhered the stamped and die cut images down on my panel using foam adhesive for dimension. The butterflies were adhered down in the centre of the panel using Liquid Glue and I added some pink rhinestones to the body for interest. Next, I used Gold Hot Foil to foil Onyx Cardstock using one of the sentiments from the Mini Sincere Sentiments Glimmer Hot Foil Plate and cut it out using the coordinating die. I adhered the piece onto my panel using foam tape for a raised effect. Then, to complete, I mat my background panel with Pink Sand Cardstock before adhering it to a side-folding white card base measuring 3.5″ x 8.5″ with tape runner.


My next card features the Embroidery Flowers Clear Stamp Set. The beautiful flowers and leaves in the set can be used for so many different occasions. I combined them with the Essential Duo Lines Glimmer Squares and added them to an embossed background for this bright and cheery card.

To create my card, I first stamped the floral images from the Embroidery Flowers Clear Stamp Set onto Snowdrift Cardstock using Velvet ink. Next, I stamped the various leaf and foliage images from the Love Never Fails and Embroidery Flowers Stamp Sets onto Snowdrift Cardstock using Hazelnut ink. Once I had all my images stamped, I fussy-cut them out using a pair of scissors, leaving a tiny white border. 

Next, to create the diamond frames for the centre of my card, I die cut Snowdrift Cardstock using the Large Square Outer Rim and Insert Dies from the Fluted Classics Square Etched Dies. I then applied Gold Hot Foil to the die-cut piece using the Square Two Glimmer Plate from the Essential Duo Lines Glimmer Squares Glimmer Hot Foil Plate. Next, I die cut Snowdrift Cardstock using the Small Square Die from the Fluted Classics Square Etched Dies and applied Gold Hot Foil to the die-cut piece using the Square Six Glimmer Plate from the Essential Duo Lines Glimmer Squares Glimmer Hot Foil Plate. Then, to create my sentiment panel, I die cut Snowdrift Cardstock using the coordinating Small Square Die from the Fluted Classics Square Etched Dies and stamped a sentiment from the Embroidery Flowers Set using Versafine Onyx Black ink.

Once that was done, I trimmed a piece of Snowdrift Cardstock to size and embossed the card panel using the Scallops Embossing Folder. I really love the subtle texture it adds to the background! Next, I adhered down the foiled frames, the sentiment piece, and my floral arrangement to my panel using a combination of foam adhesive and Liquid Glue. All that was left to do now was to mat my card background using Mirror Gold Cardstock before adhering it down to a top-folding white card base with tape runner.


My last card for today features the Embroidery Flowers Clear Stamp Set again. I adhered a couple of die cut pieces around the sweet stamped image for an encouragement card.

This one was very simple and straight-forward to put together. To begin, I stamped the floral image from the Embroidery Flowers Set onto Snowdrift Cardstock using Volcano Lake ink. Next, I masked the image with a Post-It Note and stamped the leaf and foliage images from the stamp set using Olive ink. Then, I stamped the smallest flower to the right using Mountain Mist ink. 

Next, I die cut the image using the Large Oval Insert Outer Rim and Insert Dies from the Fluted Classics Ovals Die Set. Then, I centered my Glimmer Plate and applied Gold Hot Foil to my piece using the Oval Three Plate from the Essential Duo Lines Glimmer Ovals Glimmer Hot Foil Plate.

Next, I used the Circular Stitch Outline die to cut the background panel out of Snowdrift Cardstock. Then, to add some visual interest, I die cut the Large Rectangle Outer Rim and Insert Die together from the Fluted Classics Rectangles Etched Dies out of Snowdrift Cardstock. I affixed the panels together using Liquid Glue and adhered down my stamped piece on it using foam adhesive for dimension.   Next, I applied Gold Hot Foil to Onyx Cardstock using one of the sentiments from the Mini Sincere Sentiments Glimmer Hot Foil Plate and cut it out using the coordinating die. I adhered the piece onto my panel using foam tape for a raised effect. I then added a spray of blue rhinestones to embellish my panel. Finally, to complete, I mat my background panel with Waterfall Cardstock before adhering it to a top-folding white card base with tape runner. 



OTHER SUPPLIES:
Neenah Solar White Cardstock, Versafine Onyx Black Ink, Versamark Embossing Ink, Heat Tool, MISTI Stamping Tool, Tape Runner, Foam Adhesive, Heidi Swapp Color Shine Spray- Lame Gold, Camlin Artist Acrylic Colour Tube - Black 016, Paintbrush, Crystal Jewels, Rhinestones, White Fun Foam Sheets

I hope you enjoyed this set of stamped floral cards featuring the Cardmaker II Stamp Collection and are inspired to give it a try. Thank you so much for stopping by today!

You can find more inspiration over at my Instagram page

No comments:

Post a Comment