Sunday, September 12, 2021

Spellbinders & Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month | September 2021


Hello, crafty friends!
Hope you are doing well and staying safe!
I have a 3D Vignette Card to share today featuring the Spellbinders & Amazing Paper Grace September 2021 Die of the Month Set. This month's "Pop Up 3D Vignette Vintage Cash Register" Set is perfect for making gorgeous cards, a gift card caddy, a card to hold cash bills, or can be just a sweet way to tell someone how valuable they are to you! This die set features 16 dies.

The Pop Up 3D Vignette Vintage Cash Register is a very unique and magnificent Die Set and I LOVE all the cute embellishments, markings, and sentiments that make it a showpiece. I had oodles of fun creating with it! 

One of the things I really like about Becca's 3D Vignettes die range is that they fold flat for mailing. Imagine the recipient's delight on receiving such a handmade card in the mail. It's sure to intrigue them! I created a 3D Vignette Card for my post today using the Vintage Cash Register Set. 

For my card, I started by die cutting Pink Sand and Silver Brushed Cardstock using the various die pieces included in the Vintage Cash Register in my Spellbinders Platinum 6" Machine. Then, I die cut Gold Mirror Cardstock using the keys, the drawer handle, and the crank diesOnce I had everything die-cut, I assembled the pieces together following Becca Fekeen’s Video Tutorial. I highly recommend following her tutorials when making your 3D Vignettes projects as she breaks down the process for you in a very simple manner!

Next, I die cut Pink Sand Cardstock using the three sets of tab dies included in the Vignette Inserts that allow for different heights in the cash register. I applied liquid adhesive to the 2 wings of the Vignette Side Pieces, folded the wings, and placed the Vignette Inserts as seen. 

Once that was done, I die cut Silver Brushed Cardstock and Gold Mirror Cardstock using the decorative register top and the sentiment dies. There are four different sentiment pieces included in the set, so you can pick and choose whichever one you like best for your project. I went with "Just my 0.02 Cents" for my project. I adhered the pieces together using liquid adhesive, ensuring that the decorative piece is adhered along the top of the Vignette Insert. I also adhered some die cut pieces in between the Vignette Inserts for interest. Them, I attached the Vignette side pieces to the front and back of the cash register. 

It was now time to embellish the cash register, which also happens to be my most favourite part ever when creating any project. I die cut Snowdrift and Pink Sand Cardstock using the various blossom dies included in the Petite Floral Potpourri Etched Dies. I coloured the pieces using dye inks  and embossed the centres using the 2mm ball stylus tip from Susan's Garden Ultimate Tool Kit. The leaves were die cut from Snowdrift Cardstock as well and then coloured using Shabby Shutters Distress ink. I arranged the different pieces together on my project and then adhered them down using liquid glue. I love the soft, feminine touch it gives to the project. What do you think?! 

I also die cut Pink Sand Cardstock using the tag die from the Mini 3D Vignette Floral Mason Jar Set. I stamped a sentiment on to the die cut piece using Versafine Onyx Black ink and then attached it to my project using foam squares. I had such a wonderful time playing with this die set and coming up with my card. I'd also like to mention that if you want, you can highlight the several embossed sections on the piece using Gilding Wax or lightly sand the raised edges of the die cut pieces to distress it. This will help make those details pop! I skipped this step as I already had a lot of dimension layers on my card, but you can most definitely include it if you so wish. 


The Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month is available exclusively at Spellbinders Paper Arts during September 2021. You can get the Pop Up 3D Vignette Vintage Cash Register Set at the special Cub Kit price, along with other membership perks.

If you'd like to see some more project inspiration using the Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month, check out the Spellbinders Blog where Becca shares some stunning project samples using it.  
 

Don't miss out on the marvelous Bi-Annual Warehouse Sale going on now at Spellbinders. This sale features incredible deals starting from just $1. This is one of Spellbinders' biggest sales of the year with a HUGE product offering and will run until Sunday, September 19th!

That’s it for me today! I hope you liked my take on the die set! If you like what you've seen from me, please give me a follow over on my Instagram (@hussena_cal) and/or subscribe to my blog if you haven't already.

2 comments:

  1. Your vignette is just so pretty. I love the color combination and the tiny floral elements are the perfect finishing touch. Than you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great vintage look with the soft colors!

    ReplyDelete