Friday, May 7, 2021

Spellbinders Yana's Blooming Birthday Glimmer Collection


Hello, crafty friends!
I am hoping you are staying safe and healthy. I am excited to share some cards today featuring the Spellbinders Yana's Blooming Birthday Glimmer Collection. I LOVE the dainty florals and the beautiful sentiments in this collection and have two card ideas to share using them today. 

Yana's Blooming Birthday Collection is a modern and fresh look to help celebrate birthdays! The assembly has everything you need to make a birthday sparkly with designs that includes sentiments, backgrounds, accents and more using the Glimmer Hot Foil System.


My first card features the Diamond Floral Frame Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die Set. I paired the diamond frame and the flowers with one of the sentiments from Yana's Tiny Sentiments Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die Set to create this soft watercolour thank you card. 

To begin, I applied Glimmer Hot Foil Roll - Gold to white cardstock using the floral outline images in the Diamond Floral Frame Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die Set and the Glimmer Hot Foil Machine. I repeated the process till I had a sufficient number of pieces for my design. I highly recommend foiling a bunch of images together to save on time and effort. All the images were then die cut using the coordinating dies from the set. 

Next, I applied Glimmer Hot Foil Roll - Copper to white cardstock using the Diamond Plate in the Diamond Floral Frame Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die Set. I repeated the process for one more copy of the image. I then die cut the pieces using the coordinating Outer Diamond Die and Inner Diamond Die included in the Diamond Floral Frame Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die Set

Then, I die cut a diamond from Pink Sand Cardstock using the die included in the Diamond Floral Frame Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die Set and applied Glimmer Hot Foil Roll - Copper to the die-cut piece using the sentiment plate in the Thank You & Happy Birthday Glimmer Hot Foil Plate set. Once my foiling was complete, I trimmed a piece of white cardstock to size and added a light watercolour wash to the panel using the Jane Davenport Watercolour Set - Brights. I also went ahead and added some pink paint splatters to the card background using the leftover paint from my palette.

I added a bit of colour to several of the foiled flowers and leaves using the Jane Davenport Watercolour Set - Brights. It was now time to assemble everything together. I matted the background panel to a piece of Pink Sand Cardstock and adhered it to my card front using liquid adhesive. I then affixed this to a top-folding white card base. Next, I adhered the foiled diamond die-cut to the panel using liquid adhesive and then popped up the two foiled frames to the centre of my panel using foam adhesive. I slightly offset the two frames to create the illusion of depth without an excessive amount of bulk. The foiled flowers and leaves were adhered to the panel using foam adhesive. Finally, to complete my design, I applied Glimmer Hot Foil Roll - Copper on a tiny strip of white cardstock using one of the sentiments in the Yana's Tiny Sentiments Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die Set . I adhered that on to my panel using liquid adhesive and my card was done! 


My second card features the Diamond Floral Frame Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die Set and the Yana's Tiny Sentiments Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die Set.  I combined the two together to create this clean and simple card with pretty springtime flowers.

To begin, I applied Glimmer Hot Foil Roll - Gold on white cardstock using the floral outline images in the Diamond Floral Frame Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die Set and the Glimmer Hot Foil Machine. I repeated the process till I had a sufficient number of pieces for my design. Then, I added a bit of colour to several of the foiled flowers and leaves using the Jane Davenport Watercolour Set - Brights. Once I had everything foiled and coloured, I die cut out the images using the coordinating dies from the set. I then set them aside to work on the rest of the elements for my card. 

I applied Glimmer Hot Foil Roll - Copper to Pink Sand Cardstock using the Diamond Plate in the Diamond Floral Frame Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die Set. Then, I die cut the foiled diamond out using the Outer Diamond Die. Once that was done, I applied Glimmer Hot Foil Roll - Copper to white cardstock using the sentiments and heart strip plates from Yana's Tiny Sentiments Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die Set . I then die cut them cut out using the coordinating dies

I wanted to pair the florals with an elegant background, so I stamped the Diamond Design Background on a piece of White Cardstock with Versamark Ink and used Super Fine Gold Embossing Powder to heat emboss the background.

I popped up the foiled diamond piece in the centre of the panel using foam adhesive and arranged the flowers and foliage around it and adhered them down using foam tape. Then, I trimmed the sentiment and heart strips to size and popped them over on my card front using foam tape. I then adhered some Jewels to accentuate the design. To assemble, I matted the heat-embossed background panel with a Wild Berry Cardstock panel and adhered it to a top-folding white card base with liquid adhesive. 


I hope you enjoyed looking at my projects today and I hope they inspire you as you create with these gorgeous new products! You can see Yana’s Blooming Birthday Glimmer Collection HERE. It is truly spectacular and these plates and die sets make creating so fun! 

Thank you so much for your stopping by and reading this blog post. I hope you liked my projects! 

If you like what you've seen from me, please give me a follow over on my Instagram (@hussena_cal) and/or subscribe to my blog if you haven't already.
Wishing you a great day ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment