Saturday, February 6, 2021

Spellbinders Celestial Zodiacs Collection | Cards


Hello, crafty friends!
I have a card set to share today using a few of the new products from the Spellbinders Celestial Zodiacs Collection. This is such a wonderful collection with twinkling star patterns, a magnificent moon image, awesome sentiments, and even an embossing folder. Stargazers and Zodiac fans alike will enjoy the Celestial Zodiacs Collection with unique motifs in each set to use in their creations! 

The twelve zodiac foil plate sets in the collection are perfect for creating a variety of projects. I created a birthday card for a stargazing friend using the Glimmer Hot Foil Plates from the collection.

For my card, I foiled the constellation from the Scorpio Set on a piece of Canson Montval Watercolor Paper using Gold Hot Foil in my Glimmer Hot Foil Machine. I also foiled the name, date, and traits plate from the Scorpio Set on a piece of Black Cardstock using Gold Hot Foil. I then cut them into two different strips to foam mount on my card panel. 

Once my foiling was complete, I watercolored the card panel using Chipped Sapphire Distress ink. I dabbed the ink pad onto my Craft Mat and used a Blending Brush to colour the entire panel. I let it dry for a while and then loosely painted some deodar trees on the bottom of the card panel using Black Acrylic Paint. Then, I added some paint splatters across the panel in white, blue, and black to add some interest.

 I affixed the foiled sentiment strips using foam squares and added a stitched rectangular frame die cut from Gold Mirror Cardstock on the panel to complete the card. To finish, I adhered the panel to a piece of Black Cardstock to mat a side-folding A2-sized white card base.



I used the Starstruck Sentiments Clear Stamp Set for my next card along with the Aquarius Glimmer Hot Foil Plate.
The stamp set has stars and heart designs, and five unique phrases which will can be used for so many occasions!

For my second card, I foiled the constellation from the Aquarius Glimmer Hot Foil Plate on a piece of White Cardstock using Gold Hot Foil in my Glimmer Hot Foil Machine. Then, I ink blended Chipped Sapphire and Cracked Pistachio Distress inks on the panel using a Foam Blending Tool. For variation, I added some blue paint splatters to the panel.

I ink blended another piece of White Cardstock using Cracked Pistachio Distress ink and then die cut a circle from the panel using the Nestabilities Standard Circles LG Etched Dies. Next, I took a piece of White Cardstock and stamped and heat embossed the stars from the Starstruck Sentiments Clear Stamp Set in gold. I ink blended this panel using Chipped Sapphire, Peacock Feathers, and Cracked Pistachio Distress inks to create the look of a night sky. 

I foiled the name and date plate from the Aquarius Glimmer Hot Foil Plate on a piece of Black Cardstock using Gold Hot Foil in my Glimmer Hot Foil Machine. I trimmed it to size and then added it over my heat embossed panel. The sentiments from the Starstruck Sentiments Clear Stamp Set were stamped using Black Licorice Ink directly on to the panel.

I adhered this panel over the previously ink blended panel using foam tape. I affixed the foiled constellation panel behind it to mat the panel with Gold Mirror Cardstock. To complete, I adhered the panel to the front of a top-folding A2-sized white card base with White Liner tape.


I had so much fun creating these cards and I hope they inspire you as you create with these wonderful new products. I love the Celestial Zodiacs collection and think it’s a really cool idea to make custom cards for friends and loved ones based on their zodiac sign and coordinating constellation. What do you think?!

 If you like what you've seen from me, please give me a follow over on my Instagram (@hussena_cal) and/or subscribe to my blog if you haven't already.
Have a great day ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment