Saturday, June 20, 2020

Spellbinders Wedding Season by Nichol Spohr | Cards


Hello there, crafty friends!
I am back today with TWO Cards to share using the Wedding Season Collection by Nichol Spohr. I had such a fabulous time creating with these wonderful dies and I am so excited to share my projects with you!
Wedding Season by Nichol Spohr reflects a clean and contemporary look to that all-important life event. Mix and match with the other sets in the collection to create a wonderful array of projects for the happy couple!
Wedding Dress & Tux Etched Dies Wedding Season by Nichol Spohr Glimmering Wedding Wishes Glimmer Hot Foil Plates Wedding Season by Nichol Spohr

My first Card features the Wedding Dress & Tux Etched Dies and the sentiment plates from the Glimmering Wedding Wishes Glimmer Hot Foil Plates.

My idea with this Card was to create a scene based on Seaside Weddings which are so popular and have such an ethereal feel. The colours of the sea, the sky, and the sand as a backdrop for the wedding couple inspiration were some of the images that were my inspiration behind this Card. 

For my card, I first started with a piece of A2 Watercolor Paper which I painted using three different shades of Distress Oxide inks. I then used my Watercolour Brush to blend in the colours in order to achieve a soft, seamless blended background paper. Once I was done with the background, I started working on the focal for my card. I die cut an arch from the Spellbinders Ornamental Arch Etched Dies from Whip Cream Cardstock and adhered it down to my panel. 

I went with very informal, summery colours for the clothes of the bride and groom since the backdrop was of a beach/seaside. I die cut the jacket for the groom from River Stone Cardstock using the various dies from the Wedding Dress & Tux Etched Dies, while for the bride I went with a white dress which I lightly coloured with Summer Days Ink Pad. I also embossed her dress top to add some interest to the design.

I die cut the bottom of her dress from the same Whip Cream Cardstock and then put together the top and bottom to construct the dress. I love how these dies have so many add-on accessories included in the set which makes it super easy to accessorize them. I die a little tie, buttons, and the shirt from itty bitty pieces of left over cardstock and adhered those down to the jacket.

The flowers are handmade using the Petite Double Bow & Flowers - Die. I die cut the flowers from Watercolor Paper and then inked them using Distress Oxide inks (I used the same colours which I used for painting my background). I added pollens to the centres to give them a fuller look.

For my sentiment, I used the sentiment plates from the Glimmering Wedding Wishes Glimmer Hot Foil Plates. I used my Glimmer System and Glimmer Hot Foil Roll - Gold to hot foil the sentiment on a strip of White Cardstock. I then snipped them into two and matted the strip with Bubblegum Cardstock.



My next Card features the Wedding Dress & Tux Etched Dies and the sentiment plates from the Glimmering Wedding Wishes Glimmer Hot Foil Plates.

I decided to go with more traditional Wedding colours for this one to show you the versatility of the dies. All that you need to do is, change your background, colours, and/or design, and you'll find yourself creating new and unique designs each time round.  For my card, I started with a piece of A2 White Cardstock. I foiled the top half of the card using the Twinkle Lights Glimmer Hot Foil Plate. I used my Glimmer System to foil it to my background and used the Hot Foil Roll in Matte Gold for the sparkly gold finish. Then, I die cut a decorative arch piece using the Shapeabilities Grand Arch 3D Card Etched Dies from Whip Cream Cardstock and adhered it down to my foiled panel.

It was time to start working on the main focal of my card, so I die cut the dresses of the bride and groom using the Wedding Dress & Tux Etched Dies from Black Licorice Cardstock & Pearlescent White Cardstock respectively. You'll notice how the dress has some deep embossed lines on it, which is so amazing, as it adds so much interest to the design. I put together the tuxedo and added gold buttons and a small red rose to accessorize his waistcoat.

For the bride's dress, I went with pastel shades and tucked in little roses all around her dress to make it look delicate and elegant. I also die cut a bunch of flowers using the flower dies from the Spellbinders Card Kit of the Month - Life is a a Party and slightly embossed them using Embossing Tools to give them some shape. The centres for the flowers were die cut from Gold Mirror Cardstock and then adhered down to my card panel. I also added some leaves and foliage to make it look more complete.

The sentiment is die cut using the Shapeabilities Layered Happily Ever After Etched Dies. I snipped off the vignette frame just to use the sentiment word piece I die cut it from Whip Cream Cardstock and Gold Mirror Cardstock and adhered it down to my panel. If you notice, I have offset the sentiment a bit while adhering to add interest to my design.


That's it from me for today! I hope you liked my cards! I had a great time whipping up these cards and would love to hear what you think of them. :)
If you would like to see more of my work using Spellbinders, do follow my Instagram page - @hussena_cal
Thank you so much for your visit to my blog today!

4 comments: