Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Spellbinders + Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month | June 2020 | Shadow Box Frame


Hello, crafty friends!
Hope you are doing well and are safe and healthy!
I have a Card to share today featuring the Spellbinders + Amazing Paper Grace June Die of the Month. This month's "A2 Snip It Grid and Calendar Creator" Set is perfect for making exquisite cards, boxes, bags, envelopes, and more. 
Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month Membership
If you want to find out more about the Club – prices, how you sign up and what’s included, please look ——–> HERE. These dies are only available through the Club and are limited to the month of June, so hurry before they are sold out. If there are any leftovers, they are added to the Spellbinders store for sale at full price. You can see all of the past Dies of the Month HERE.

I created an Easel Card using this Die Set previously which you can check out HERE. I had to use this set again as the dies are so versatile. The entire set comprises of 41 dies and is great value for money. Here's a look at my Shadow Box Frame:

My idea with this project was to create a Shadow Box Frame which could be gifted to a couple for their Engagement/Wedding Anniversary as a memento piece.
Alternatively, this could also be used as a gift by someone to give to their significant other to remember their special day. I have always loved creating my own gifts and the dies from the Shadow Box Collection are perfect to help you create frames in a effortless way.

For my project, I first started with some Pearlescent Textured Cardstock and the Adjustable Shadowbox Frame with 3/4" Border Etched Dies to create the frame. I used a 6" X 6" piece of paper for my frame and followed THIS YouTube Video by Becca to create it - It is really quick and simple to make. Once, I created my Shadow Box, I die cut the grid frame from this month's A2 Snip It Grid and Calendar Creator Set from Whip Cream Cardstock using my Platinum 6 Die Cut Machine. I also die cut the dates for the calendar from Gold Mirror Cardstock. Then, I carefully adhered them all down inside my grid to fit in perfectly.

I created this frame for this friend of mine who celebrated her anniversary on the 10th of June, and so, to draw attention to her Wedding date, I die cut a circle from Pool Play Cardstock and adhered it around the day and also added two little die cut flower to make it look more special.

I wanted this frame to look sweet and elegant, so I chose pastel colours to use for my project. I also created my own handmade flowers to embellish the frame. To create the flowers, I used the flower die included in the A2 Snip It Grid and Calendar Creator Set. I die cut it from White Cardstock and lightly colored the petals and filler flowers using the Pool Play Re-Inker. This is one of my favourite techniques these days to colour my flowers in a jiffy. I simply add a drop or two of the Re-Inker to my Watercolour palette and then using a Watercolor Brush, lift the colour from the palette and use it to paint my petals. You can also paint a full sheet or half a sheet of Watercolor paper using your Re-Inker and Watercolor Brush and then die cut the flowers from it - I use both techniques and they are really helpful.

I shaped my flowers using Flower Shaping Embossing Tools and then added stamens to the centres for a more realistic look. I die cut the leaves too from White Cardstock and then watercolored them using the Sweet Pear Re-Inker. I tucked in some additional foliage in my floral spray to give it a more fuller look - I used the dies from the June Card Kit of the Month for them. I created two floral sprays to add to both sides of the frame.

I wanted my project to have a more ornate look, hence I decided to add an accent piece to the top. I die cut the Vintage Starburst Valance and Gatefold Etched Die from Light Pink Cardstock and adhered it to my frame. I also die cut a label from some Baby Blue Textured Cardstock from the Label Eighteen Nestabilities Die Set which is, sadly, now discontinued. I added die cut words and numbers for the month and year details and adhered this to the accent piece.

All that was missing in my frame was a sentiment banner - and I created one using the banner die included in the A2 Snip It Grid and Calendar Creator Set. I also die cut the words 'On This Day' from Light Pink and Gold Mirror Cardstock and offset them a bit before adhering for added interest. I then stamped the rest of the sentiment using Black Licorice Ink. I like the way this frame came about and I am quite pleased with the end result. 

If you haven't had a chance to look at the Spellbinders Club Kits yet, do check them out. You can find more information about them HERE.

If you would like to see more project inspiration using the Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month, visit the Spellbinders blog to see the project samples created using it. There is also a super helpful YouTube video that you can see HERE which shows you how to use the die set.
The Club dies are absolutely great value for money and the cost of the kit covers shipping cost within USA. So, what are you waiting for? Sign up as soon as possible!

That's it from me for today! I hope you liked my project! I wqould love to hear what you think of it. :)
If you would like to see more of my work using Spellbinders, do follow my Instagram page - @hussena_cal
Thank you so much for your visit to my blog today!

No comments:

Post a Comment