Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Handmade Cards using Be Bold Color Block Collection | Guest Post by Hussena Calcuttawala


Hello, crafty friends!
I'm so honoured to be guest posting today on the Spellbinders blog! I'm sharing a set of two cards today using dies from the new Be Bold Color Block Collection. I have made my cards in two different sizes - Slimline and Square and used varied colour schemes for making them too! 
The large letters from the Be Bold Color Block Collection stand out and add color for a fabulous colour block design. These dies are truly one a kind and so fun to create a variety of card designs!

I LOVE Slimline Cards and it's been a while since I made one, so I reached for the Merry Christmas Etched Dies first to create this bold and bright Christmas card. 

To begin, I trimmed a piece of Alabaster Cardstock to 9.5" X 4" and matted the entire panel with a piece of Pomegranate Cardstock. Then, I went ahead and adhered it to a top-folding slimline-sized white card base with tape runner.

I die cut the word 'Merry' from Pomegranate Cardstock, while the coordinating sentiment was die cut from Brush Gold Cardstock using the Merry Christmas Etched Dies. I also cut out the words from White Foam Sheets to adhere beneath the paper die cuts for dimension. 

Next, I die cut Pink Sand Cardstock using the small poinsettia die included in the Pop Up 3D Vignette Poinsettia Sleigh Set. I blended Worn Lipstick ink in the centre of each petal using a blending tool and embossed the petals using the 2mm ball stylus from Susan's Garden Ultimate Tool Kit. I also die cut Olive Green Cardstock using the evergreen sprig die included in the same die set. I adhered the different die cut pieces to my card front using the Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue. To finish, I adhered some Crystal Jewels to the flower centers for a bit of sparkle. 



My next project features the Love You Etched Dies from the Be Bold Color Block Collection. I really love the clean, simple, and modern look of this die set. It has so many possibilities! 

To create my card, I first trimmed a piece of Snowdrift Cardstock to 5.75" X 4.25". Then, I cut paper strips of varying sizes out of Pink SandBrush GoldWild Berry, Poppy Field, Persimmon, Beeswax, Rainforest, Fern, and Waterfall Cardstock using a paper trimmer to create my card background. I adhered the strips down on to my card panel using the Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue

I die cut the sentiment pieces from SnowdriftWild Berry, and Brush Gold Cardstock using the Love You Etched Die Set. I also cut them from White Foam Sheets to adhere beneath the paper die cuts for dimension. I wanted the sentiment to stand out from the rest of the card, so I ink blended Picked Raspberry Distress ink around the bottom two-thirds and edges of the letters with a blending brush to help define the edges more. Then, I popped up the sentiment on the panel using liquid adhesive. 

I adhered the gold die-cut sentiment on top of the pink die-cut with liquid glue, offsetting them a bit to form a shadow.  I die cut few hearts from Wild Berry and Brush Gold Cardstock and adhered it to my panel using the Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue. Finally, to complete, I adhered the panel to a top-folding white card base with tape runner.

OTHER SUPPLIES:
Light Pink Cardstock, Olive Green Cardstock, Raspberry Cardstock, Picked Raspberry and Worn Lipstick Distress Ink, Blending Tool, Tape Runner, Foam Adhesive, Crystal Jewels

I hope you enjoyed this set of bright and bold cards featuring the Be Bold Color Block Collection and are inspired to give it a try. Thank you so much for stopping by today! 
 You can find more inspiration over at my Instagram page. 

1 comment: