Thursday, November 11, 2021

Spellbinders & Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month | November 2021


Hello, crafty friends!
I have yet another Christmas project to share today featuring the Spellbinders & Amazing Paper Grace November 2021 Die of the Month Set. This month's "Pop Up 3D Vignette Christmas Tree" Set is perfect for making gorgeous layered cards, boxes, gift baskets, and more. This die set features 21 dies.

The Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month for November 2021 is quite unique. It’s a fold-flat card that fits into a small catalog envelope and opens up into a showcase card.  On the other hand, it’s a gorgeous set of layered trees and adorable gifts. All of the details, the packages, the bows, the ornaments and such are really delightful and you can easily assemble a beautiful little pop-up scene using the dies in the set or use the elements separately on a traditional Christmas card.

I have created a 2D Christmas Card using this month's Pop Up 3D Vignette Christmas Tree Die Set. I particularly love the fact that the nested trees can be cut with or without the dotted detail and they strategically stack, so that you have successive layers rather than a flat tree.  

To create my card, I first trimmed a piece of Snowdrift Cardstock to size and blended Dusk, Ocean Waves, and Sea Glass Dye inks to to the upper two thirds of the cardstock with a blending brush, concentrating the darker shades toward the top of the panel for more dimension. Next, I tapped a paintbrush soaked in clean water over the panel and sopped up the droplets with a paper towel to create the splatter effect. Once that was done, I used the Heidi Swapp Color Shine Spray in Lame Gold to add gold splatters to the panel for a rich, festive look.

Next, to embellish my card, I die cut PeridotAlabaster, and Brushed Gold Cardstock using the Pop Up 3D Vignette Christmas Tree Die Set and staggered the layers on my card front using a combination of foam squares and the Bearly Art Precision Craft Glue for dimension. I adhered the ivory die-cut piece on top of the gold die-cut with liquid glue, offsetting them a bit to form a shadow. Then, I die cut a bunch of ornament bases and a couple of presents from Waterfall, Pink SandBrushed Gold, and Alabaster Cardstock for decorating the tree. Next, I used Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide Ink Pad to ink the edges of the pink die cut pieces for more depth. 

I assembled the presents together using Liquid Glue and placed them below the tree using foam adhesive. The ornaments were also adhered to the various tree layers using foam squares. Then, I die cut Snowdrift and Brushed Gold Cardstock using the solid banner and banner insert dies from the Pop Up 3D Vignette Christmas Tree Die Set. I inked the centre of the die cut banner with Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide Ink Pad using a sponge dauber and adhered it down on my panel using foam squares. To complete, I matted my card panel with Brushed Gold Cardstock before adhering it to a top-folding white card base made from Snowdrift Cardstock.

I love how easy it is take all of the elements and arrange them for a card.  The nested trees are such a showstopper!


The Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month is available exclusively at Spellbinders Paper Arts during November 2021. You can get the Pop Up 3D Vignette Christmas Tree Die Set at the special Cub Kit price, along with other membership perks.

If you'd like to see some more project inspiration using the Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month, check out the Spellbinders Blog where Becca shares some stunning project samples using it.  
 

Don't miss out on the BIG Pre Holiday Clearance Sale going on now with a HUGE assortment of newly clearanced products. The offer is now live and available through November 11th, 2021 at Midnight PST.

That’s it for me today! I hope you liked my take on the die set! If you like what you've seen from me, please give me a follow over on my Instagram (@hussena_cal) and/or subscribe to my blog if you haven't already.

No comments:

Post a Comment