Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Waffle Flower Guest Designer | October Challenge - Rainbow Shakers

 
Hello there, crafty friends!
I am thrilled to share that I am joining in with the Waffle Flower October Challenge with Arjita for this week’s inspiration using Rainbow colors. 

This month is all about Shaker Cards and this week's challenge in particular is to use Rainbow Colours on your project. Shaker Cards are so much fun to make and even more fun to shake! :D I absolutely loved this challenge! I haven't made Shaker Cards in a while now, so it was so wonderful to create one for this week's challenge.

I have made a pastel floral card using the Anemone Stamp and coordinating Die Set, Quilt Cross Panel Die, and the Simple Stems Stamp and coordinating Die Set

To create my card, I used the Quilt Cross Panel Die not only for the shaker part, but also as my background. I started by die cutting Snowdrift Cardstock twice using the Quilt Cross Panel Die to use as the layers to build up the shaker. I then cut out the same Quilt Cross Panel Die using Acetate and White Foam Sheets for my shaker piece. Once that was done, I watercolored an A2 white panel cut from Snowdrift Cardstock in pastel rainbow colours using an assortment of watercolor half-pans from the Watercolor 36 Pan Set using a Watercolor Brush.

Then, to assemble it all, I adhered four of the outline layers together with liquid glue. I placed the watercolored panel in the center and filled it with Iridescent Micro Beads before adhering a piece of acetate on top, followed by another die cut layer. My shaker panel was now ready to be popped on my card base! 

I stamped the anemones and the leaves from the Anemone Stamp and the Simple Stems Stamp Sets onto Neenah Solar White Classic Crest Cardstock using Versafine Onyx Black ink. I coloured the flowers using the Nuvo Alcohol Markers from the Apricot Ombre Set, while the leaves were coloured using Persian Lime and Pea Pod markers from the Irish Clover Set. Once I had coloured the images, I cut them out using the Anemone coordinating Die Set and Simple Stems coordinating Die Set. I assembled the pieces on to my card panel and adhered them down using foam adhesive. Next, I stamped the sentiment from the Anemone Stamp onto a strip of Snowdrift Cardstock using Versafine Onyx Black ink and cut out the piece using the coordinating Die Set. I popped the piece onto my card panel using foam adhesive for dimension. Then, I adhered my shaker panel down to a top-folding white card base. Finally, to complete, I added Ranger Diamond Stickles to the centres of the flowers for a bit of glitz and glam!

I hope you liked my floral shaker card and thank you so much for stopping by today. A huge thank you to Sunshine and Arjita at Waffle Flower for inviting me as guest designer and making me feel very welcome!

Please head on over to the Challenges at Waffle Flower Blog and have a look at more inspiration by Arjita for Week 4: Rainbows, along with inspiration for weeks 1-3 of the October Shaker Cards Challenge. You'll love what you see and want to play along for sure! Don’t forget to post your Waffle Flower Shaker Challenge Cards on Instagram so we can see them. Make sure to tag Waffle Flower and use the hashtag #WFChallenge2110


If you like what you've seen from me, please give me a follow over on my Instagram (@hussena_cal) and/or subscribe to my blog if you haven't already.

No comments:

Post a Comment