Saturday, October 16, 2021

Crafty Meraki Instagram Hop | #MerakiCraftober


Hello, crafty friends!
I am excited and honoured to be joining Crafty Meraki for an Instagram Hop featuring some of their NEW stamps and dies! You can visit the Crafty Meraki Instagram page to find out all the details for today's hop!

Have you seen the AMAZING stamps and dies just released by Crafty Meraki this month? There are so many designs to choose from for all kinds of projects. Today, I am sharing a bright and cheery floral card using some of the new goodies from the shop. 


To create my card, I began by stamping the large layered flower from the Imperial Garden Layering Stamp Set in my MISTI on to Snowdrift Cardstock using Candy Apple, Berrylicious, Passion Fruit and Coral Reef dye inks. I then trimmed out the images with a pair of scissors, leaving a small white border.

Next, I stamped the leaves on to Snowdrift Cardstock using Fresh Pear, Key Lime and Olive dye inks. I fussy cut them using a pair of scissors to work on my card background. If you don't want to cut the images by hand, you can use the coordinating dies available for the set. 

Then, I trimmed a piece of Snowdrift Cardstock to 4.25" X 5.5" for my card background and applied a thin layer of Liquid Watercolor - Aquamarine towards the lower two thirds of the cardstock and dragged the color out loosely with water using a Waterbrush Pen. Next, I die cut Snowdrift Cardstock using the floret dies from the April Meraki Flora Para-Dies. I watercolored the pieces using Bubble Gum, Sunshine, and Aquamarine Liquid Watercolors in a light wash for a soft look. 

Next, I die cut Snowdrift Cardstock and White Foam Sheets using the outer rectangle die from the Stitched Scallops Rectangle Die Set. I adhered the foam die cut piece beneath the white die cut piece and popped it to my panel using liquid adhesive. I also adhered the stamped and die cut pieces to my panel using a mix of foam and liquid adhesive. Then, I stamped a sentiment from the Blooming Birthday Stamp Set on to a strip of Snowdrift Cardstock using Versafine Onyx Black ink and popped it on to my panel using foam adhesive. To finish, I added a few gold ink splatters using the Heidi Swapp Color Shine Spray in Gold Lame. 

I hope you enjoyed this bright floral card and thank you so much for stopping by today. Be sure to check out Crafty Meraki on Instagram or visit their Blog for tons of inspiration!

If you like what you've seen from me, please give me a follow over on my Instagram (@hussena_cal) and/or subscribe to my blog if you haven't already.

No comments:

Post a Comment