Monday, July 1, 2019

Pinkfresh Studio Guest Designer


Hello, crafty friends!  
I'm so excited to share that I am a Guest Designer for Pinkfresh Studio this month! I have a couple of cards to share today using two of my favourite sets - Embroidered Blossoms & Fancy Blooms.

My first card features the Embroidered Blossoms stamp set. What I absolutely adore about this set is the large variety of foliage it has to offer. I am a sucker for them and love sets which include such images!

To create my card, I first started by stamping a mix of images from the Embroidered Blossoms stamp set. I stamped them on white  heavy weight cardstock using different dye inks and cut them out using the Embroidered Blossoms die set. I have to say, that I really like the coordinating die sets from Pinkfresh because they include dies for each and every element from the stamp set, which is so wonderful. 

Once I had the images all die cut and ready, I started working on my card panel. I used the Essentials: Diagonal Stitched Rectangles Die Set to die cut my card panel, again from white cardstock. I also used the Essentials: Braided Circles Die Set to die cut two different circle designs.

I took another piece of cardstock, slightly bigger than the previous one, and lightly ink blended the centre using Broken China Distress ink. I adhered the panels one on top of the other and arranged all my flowers and foliage. Once I was happy with the design, I adhered them on the panel.

For the sentiment, I used the Essentials: Classic Words Die Set. I die cut it twice, once from vellum and the other from gold glitter cardstock. I layered them one on top of the other and adhered it to my card. I added some gold sequins and black paint splatters to finish off my card.


My next card again features the Embroidered Blossoms stamp set. This stamp set is really versatile and I wanted to create another card using it, but in a totally different style. I began by ink blending Worn Lipstick and Mustard Seed Distress Oxide inks on an A2 sized watercolor panel. Once I was happy with the blending, I flicked some drops of water on it using a paint brush and put a piece of paper tissue over it. This left me with a soft, ink blended background. 

To create the focal for my card, I die cut the rectangle frame from the Essentials: Diagonal Stitched Rectangles Die Set. I adhered it using foam tape on my card. Now it was time to work on the other design elements for my card. I stamped some florals and leaves from the Embroidered Blossoms stamp set using various dye inks. I die cut them out using the coordinating Embroidered Blossoms die set.

I adhered these images to my card panel and used foam dots for added dimension. I also added Stickles to the centres of certain flowers for added interest.

The sentiment again comes from the Essentials: Classic Words Die Set. I die cut the words from white cardstock and used foam tape to adhere it, so that I would get a raised effect. Then, I lightly inked the bottom of the letters using Picked Raspberry Distress ink just to add a little more interest to my card design. 

All that was left for me to do now was to adhere the card panel on a top folding card base and my card was finished!


My final card for today features the Fancy Blooms Stamp Set. Now, bold colours are not really my thing, but I decided to break away from my comfort zone and use them for this particular card. To start, I took an A2 sized panel of cold pressed watercolor paper and saturated the panel using lots of water. Then, I gathered a couple of Distress inks in shades of blue and swiped them across the upper half of the panel. I went back and forth with the different shades till I achieved my desired look. Once I was happy with it, I let it dry and then added some paint splatters. 

For my card focal, I used the flowers and leaves from the Fancy Blooms stamp set. I stamped them using black pigment ink on white cardstock and then clear heat embossed them. I used the coordinating Fancy Blooms die set to die cut my stamped images. If you see my card closely, you will notice, that I have cut apart some images and used them as fillers. I tend to use this technique sometimes to stretch my supplies. After I die cut all the pieces, I coloured the images using Zig Markers. I went for very simple colouring as the images were very detailed in themselves.

To complete my card design, I die cut a circle frame from the Essentials: Braided Circles Die Set using gold glitter cardstock. I arranged all my flowers and leaves around this frame and popped them on foam dots for dimension. 

I used the same technique for my sentiment as I did for my first card. I used the Essentials: Classic Words Die Set to die cut the words twice, once from vellum, and the other from black cardstock. I layered them one on top of the other and adhered it to my card panel. And that's it! My card was done. 

This brings me to the end of the post. I hope you liked the cards I made. I am glad you stopped by to read this post. I would love to hear what you think of my cards! 

Have a lovely day, you all!

1 comment:

  1. Super beautiful cards!! I love that circle die a lot! <3

    ReplyDelete