Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Guest Designing for Tubby Craft

Hello everyone!
Today I am sharing three projects I made for my guest design post over at the Tubby Craft blog. I have used their Buttercup set to create my projects. I absolutely love working with floral images, and the Buttercup set has some really pretty florals which are perfect for coloring and layering. 

To create my card, I first stamped a bunch of flowers and leaves from the Buttercup set using black dye ink on watercolor paper.

After stamping the images, I watercolored them using my Zig Clean Color Brush Markers in shades of pinks and blues for the flowers, and green for the leaves. Then I fussy cut the images and put them aside.

Once the images were ready, it was time to work on my background and card base. For this, I took a card panel roughly measuring 4 1/2 inches by 5 inches and created a die-cut window in the center of it using a Spellbinders die.

Next, I did some stenciling on my card base using a yellow ink and an iCraft Lattice stencil. I kept my stenciling confined only to the center of my card where the die cut window would be placed. Then, I did my floral arrangement using the previously fussy cut images on my die cut window. Finally, I heat embossed my sentiment (which is from the same Buttercup set), on a strip of black cardstock using Super Fine White embossing powder. As a final touch, I added some paint splatters using black acrylic paint.


Next up is a tag  I created using the same Buttercup set. I have kept it a single layer one, and have done some masking and pencil coloring on this.

To create this tag, I first stamped and masked the floral images from this set on the base of my die cut tag. Then, using my Prismacolor pencils, I did some simple coloring of the images. 

Once my stamping and coloring were done, I added a thin strip of black and white striped pattern paper above my image, as well as a thin strip of gold foil paper to further embellish it. Finally, I stamped the sentiment above the foil strip which is from the Buttercup set.


My final project is also a gift tag, and here I have created a layered tag.

To create this tag, I first die cut my base using a shaped die. I have used two tags here so that the recipient can write the message on the inside. To embellish the front of the tag, I used an ornate frame in the center which was die cut using a Spellbinders die and colored using Inka Gold Old Gold.

I used some stamped and colored, florals and leaves from the Buttercup set to create my floral cluster. I then added my heat embossed sentiment on the side of the frame. Finally, I added some clear sequins to finish off my tag. 

Supplies used :
Tubby Craft Buttercup Stamp Set 

I hope you like my projects created using the Buttercup set and are inspired to create using this set.

If you have any doubts or queries regarding my projects, please leave me a comment, and I will get back to you soon. 

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous creations!! Love them all! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, love the stenciling even lightly on the outside, like the little window with the pretty flowers! Both your tags are wonderful , especially the second with that little frame and window!

    ReplyDelete