Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Hugs Dearest Friend | Card

Hello everyone!
I am blogging after a long break. Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving with friends and family :) I made this card recently using some new supplies from Altenew. Here's a look at my card :

To create this card, I first cut a card panel measuring 4 1/4 X 5 1/2 inches and die-cut it using the Stitched Rectangles die by Lil Inker Designs. Next, I took the large floral image from the Altenew Sketchy Floral set and partially stamped and heat-embossed it using White SuperFine Embossing powder. After the image was heat-set, I started colouring the image using Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers. 

I kept adding layers to the image till I was happy with the way it looked. I lightly watercoloured the background in grey and added few black and gold paint splatters. You can see them in the close-up shot below.

For my sentiment, I decided to use the Altenew Script Words die. I die-cut the word hugs twice, once from black cardstock and once from gold glitter paper. I off-set the glittery hugs word on the black die-cut to give it some interest. I also added few enamel dots in yellow and black which I made using Nuvo Crystal Drops.

I then added the sentiment 'dearest friend' which is from the Altenew Sketchy Floral set as well. I stamped it using black ink on white cardstock. Added a strip of black stripes below my sentiment to balance my design. I matted my card panel on to some yellow cardstock and then on white cardstock again. That completed my card.

My card is inspired by the colours from this time's Altenew Inspiration Challenge. I loved the warm colours and had to play along :)


I hope you liked my card. Do let me know if you did :) I would love to hear your views on it.

Thank you so much for stopping by! Hope you have a great day.

3 comments:

  1. So beautiful Hussena! I really like the hint of shadow on each bloom:)) and ADORE the yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you back!! Gorgeous, I do love the colors and beautifully colored!

    ReplyDelete