Friday, March 18, 2022

Spellbinders Large Die of the Month | March 2022


Hello, crafty friends!
I hope you're having a great week so far! I have a spring-time Slimline Card to share today featuring the Spellbinders Large Die of the Month Kit. This month’s Large Die of the Month Kit, “Kaleidoscope Floral Slimline“, is a huge set of 6 dies that includes a beautiful background floral slimline piece, larger floral dies which layer up with the smaller flowers, and some leaves too, so if you didn't want to use the slimline part, you can still use the flowers.  

You can join the Spellbinders Large Die of the Month Kit and receive an expertly designed die set each month along with membership-only savings! If you join between now and February 24th, you will receive this “Kaleidoscope Floral Slimline” Die Set.  There is no commitment and you can cancel at any time. Click HERE for more information.
I used all of the dies included in the kit to create this Slimline Card perfect for sending to a friend or a coworker.

To make my card, I first die-cut Snowdrift CardstockMirror Gold Cardstock, and White Fun Foam using the large background die in the Kaleidoscope Floral Slimline Die Set. I adhered the pieces together using Craft Glue, offsetting the gold mirror die cut to create a shadow, before adding it to my card front. Next, I die-cut the kaleidoscope flower and other layers out of Snowdrift CardstockMirror Gold Cardstock, and White Fun Foam to adhere on my card panel. I blended three different shades of inks from the Tea Party Dye Ink SetVineyard Berry, Pink Pearl, and Coral Bliss over the white floral die-cut pieces with blending brushes to colour the different flower layers. The leaves were coloured with Olive and Parrot inks using ink blending tools. I adhered the colored die-cuts to the cardstock backer die-cuts with liquid glue and popped some of my flowers up with some 3D Foam Adhesive pieces for extra dimension.

The sentiment was foiled in gold using one of the plates from the Be Bold Glimmer Sentiments Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die Set on Snowdrift Cardstock and popped up on top with foam adhesive. To finish the card off, I watercolored a piece of Canson Montval Waercolour Paper using Carribean Sky and drug the color out loosely with water for a soft, watercolored background. I matted the panel with layers of Mirror Gold Cardstock and Dahlia Cardstock and adhered the panel down to a 4" x 9" White Slimline card base.  



If you'd like to see some more project inspiration using the Large Die of the Month Kit, check out the Spellbinders Blog where you can find some stunning project samples using it.  
 

Limited Period Offer
Get a FREE Cardmaking Kit (valued at $55) with any $100+ purchase on the Spellbinders website. Hurry, offer valid only while supplies last!
!

 That’s it for me today! I hope you liked my take on the die set! If you like what you've seen from me, please give me a follow over on my Instagram (@hussena_cal) and/or subscribe to my blog if you haven't already.
Have a wonderful day ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment