Thursday, January 20, 2022

Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month | January 2022

 

Hello, crafty friends!
I have a sweet friendship card to share today featuring the Spellbinders & Amazing Paper Grace January 2022 Die of the Month Set. This month's "Pop Up Vignette Coffee Tea or Me" Set is perfect for making gorgeous layered cards, tags, gift boxes, gift baskets, gift card holders, mini albums, and more. This die set features 21 dies.

The Pop Up Vignette Coffee Tea or Me Die of the Month Set is a new addition to the Amazing Paper Grace 3D Vignettes Collection and features a cup that can be cut as a solid or filigree along with mirrored cup handles that look good from both sides. The cups also come with a rounded top that lets you see the back dimension and even a die that when cut from a different color makes it look like your cup is full of liquid.  I also includes a number of embellishments – There are regular flowers as well as heart flowers with stems.  Lastly, there are a host of words, and words can be made from the individual letter dropouts. As with other Vignettes, you can make a 3D item or use it flat on a card.

This month's die set is truly one-of-a-kind and I love that it was designed to accommodate both tea and coffee drinkers! I used the intricate layered teacup die to create the centrepiece for my card and embellished it with the flowers and the tea-bag die included in the set to create an ornate Friendship/Encouragement Card.

To create my card, I started by die-cutting Alabaster, Mirror Gold Cardstockand White Fun Foam using the tea-cup, cup handles, and the rounded top die in the Pop Up Vignette Coffee Tea or Me Set. Next, I adhered the detailed die cut layers together, offsetting the mirror gold to create a shadow using liquid adhesive. Next, I die-cut Alabaster, Mirror Gold, and Pink Sand Cardstock using the large triangular flower petal and leaf dies in the set. I used a medium Pink Copic Marker to flick some colour on the base of the petals to add some quick colour to the pieces, while the leaves were coloured using Mermaid Markers. Once that was done, I staggered the petals together using using liquid adhesive

Then, I die-cut Snowdrift Cardstock using the small rounded petal flower and leaf dies in the set. I used a medium Pink Copic Marker to add some quick colour to the petals and then used a stylus tool to cup the petals. I coloured the leaves using Mermaid Markers and adhered the pieces together using liquid adhesive, staggering the petals and added pearl adhesives as flower centers.  Next, I die-cut Pink Sand and Mirror Gold Cardstock using the sentiment strip dies in the set and adhered the pieces one on top of the other using liquid glue. Once that was done, I tucked in a white satin ribbon bow near the tea-cup handle for interest.

Next, I die-cut Snowdrift Cardstock using the tea bag die in the set and stamped a sentiment on the piece using Versafine Onyx Black ink. Next, I blended Abandoned Coral Distress ink over the bottom of the piece using a blending brush for a hint of colour and then used some Gold Baker's Twine to attach it to the front of the tea-cup with some foam adhesive. Then, for my card background, I trimmed a piece of  Snowdrift Cardstock to size and and ink blended the bottom three-quarters of the panel using Worn Lipstick and Abandoned Coral Distress inks, concentrating the darker shade towards the bottom. I then flicked some leftover paint from my palette to the panel using a paint brush for a fun splatter effect. Next, I matted my panel with a piece of Mirror Gold Cardstock and adhered the panel to a side-folding A5-sized white card base with tape runner.



The Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month is available exclusively at Spellbinders Paper Arts during December 2021. You can get the Pop Up Vignette Coffee Tea or Me Die Set at the special Cub Kit price, along with other membership perks.

If you'd like to see some more project inspiration using the Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month, check out the Spellbinders Blog where Becca shares some stunning project samples using it.  
 

Limited Period Offer
Get a FREE Pen Gift Set will all qualifying orders of $100+ at the Spellbinders store. Offer valid till supplies last. No code needed.
 

That’s it for me today! I hope you liked my take on the die set! If you like what you've seen from me, please give me a follow over on my Instagram (@hussena_cal) and/or subscribe to my blog if you haven't already.

2 comments: