Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Spellbinders April 2021 Clear Stamp of the Month | Around The Bend


Hello, crafty friends!
Happy April and welcome to my blog! I have a set of spring-themed cards to share today featuring the Spellbinders Clear Stamp Set of the Month - Around The Bend. If you haven't heard about the Clear Stamp of the Month Club by Spellbinders, you can go over to the Spellbinders blog and read more about it HERE.

The Spellbinders Clear Stamp for April includes 10 different stamps, with images and sentiments perfect for a variety of occasions. The stamp set coordinates with the April 2021 Large Die of the Month and Glimmer Hot Foil Kit of the Month, so you can mix and match your supplies to create different projects. This “Around The Bend” stamp set features made in the USA stamps from high-quality photo-polymer for clear, crisp impressions. 
Here are my cards using this stamp set:


For my first card, I went with a clean and simple design. To begin, I took a piece of 4.25" X 5.5" White Cardstock and stamped the leafy stamp image using Brown color ink all over the panel. The task of stamping the rows in (almost) perfect distances is made easier with a stamp positioner like a MISTI. If you don't have one, you can always use an acrylic block, though that is a more time-taking process. Next, I stamped the flower stamp images included in the set using two different ink colours. 

I didn't want to take the focus away from the stamped panel, so I kept the rest of the elements simple. I used the Nestabilities Standard Circles LG and the Hemstitch Circles Etched Dies to die cut the circles from Gold Mirror Cardstock and Vellum Cardstock respectively. I adhered this to a scalloped circle die cut which was cut from Blue Cardstock. Then, I die cut a circle from the Nestabilities Standard Circles LG and stamped the sentiment on it using Licorice Black ink. I popped the circle using foam squares for dimension. 


I die cut the flowers from BeeswaxHaystack, and Raindrop Cardstock using the Mini Blooms and Sprigs Etched Dies. I adhered them around the circle using Craft Glue. The leaves were die cut from White Cardstock and then adhered down on the circles using Craft Glue. I matted this layer to a panel of Gold Mirror Cardstock, then Raindrop Cardstock, and finally to a top-folding A2-sized white card base. 




For my next card, I went with a different card orientation. To start, I took a piece of 4.25" X 5.5" White Cardstock and stamped the floral vine image using Brown color ink all over the panel. Next, I stamped the flower stamp images included in the set using two different ink colours. Then, I stamped a sentiment on the panel in Licorice Black ink above and die cut them just beneath with pierced and scalloped curved border dies. I also went ahead and die cut the scalloped border from Gold Mirror Cardstock and adhered it below the stamped panel for interest. 

I liked how this grid patterned paper from my stash complemented the colors on this panel, so I trimmed it to size and adhered it on a panel of Gold Mirror Cardstock. I die cut a few flowers and leaves from the Mini Blooms and Sprigs Etched Dies from Raindrop Cardstock, Gold Mirror Cardstock, and White Cardstock . I then them adhered down on the bottom right corner of my card using Craft Glue and foam squares.

I matted this panel over a layer of Raindrop Cardstock and then adhered it down to a top-folding card base. I like how this turned out!



The Around The Bend Set is available exclusively at Spellbinders Paper Arts during April 2021. You can get the Clear Stamp Set of the Month at the special Club Kit price, along with other membership perks.

I hope you enjoyed looking at my cards today! I would love to hear what you think of them. 

 If you like what you've seen from me, please give me a follow over on my Instagram (@hussena_cal) and/or subscribe to my blog if you haven't already.
Thank you so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment