Friday, December 4, 2020

Pinkfresh Studio | Florals Galore


Hello, crafty friends!
I hope you're having a great week so far!
I have two bright and summer-y cards to share today using a variety of new and old Pinkfresh products. I love combining and using different supplies for all my projects and these cards were simply a delight to create!


To create my card, I began by stamping the floral cluster from the  Sending Love and Hugs Stamp in my MISTI on a piece of Neenah Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock (110 LBS). I used Passion Fruit and Berrylicious to ink the flowers and Mint for the leaves and foliage. I have a thing for coral pink flowers - I find them very pretty!

Then, I die cut the images using the coordinating Sending Love and Hugs Die and kept them aside to work on my card panel. I took a piece of White Cardstock and used the Inverted Diamond Stencil to create my card background. I used two different ink colours - Warm Buff and Mint to stencil the design as I wanted to create some visual interest. Then, I trimmed it to size and adhered it to a panel of grey cardstock. 

 To accentuate my design, I die cut the Essentials: Pretty Frames 2 Die from grey cardstock and foam mounted it to the stenciled panel for a raised look. The best thing about this cover plate is that you can either stack all the different frame layers as I have done on my card, or you can just use the frames individually if you like. Either way, it looks very elegant!

I adhered the stamped images over the frame using foam squares for dimension. I also fussy cut some of the smaller flowers from the floral cluster and added them to the card to create a more cohesive design. Then, in order to glam things up, I added Diamond Stickles Glitter Glue in the centre of the flowers and leaves. It looks quite nice and sparkly in real life!

The sentiment is die cut from the Classic Words Die Set. I die cut the outer shadow for the sentiment from Vellum Paper and the word from Silver Glitter Paper. I adhered it to my panel using glue dots. My card was almost complete, but I decided to add some enamel dots dots in red and green to tie it all in together. Finally, I matted my panel to Silver Glitter Paper, and then adhered it down to a white side folding card base. 




To start off, I stamped the floral image from the Full Bloom Stamp Set in Peach Fuzz on a piece of Canson Montval Watercolor Paper to do no-line colouring. I don't consider myself to be a very good colorist, but I still wanted to give this technique a try and see how it goes. I coloured the imnage using an array of Pinkfresh Studio Liquid Watercolours: Bubblegum, Candy Apple, Clementine, Key Lime, and Emerald City. I mixed some of the colours to create colour variations. 

Once my image was coloured, I die cut it using the coordinating Full Bloom Die. Next, I started working on my card background. I took a piece of White Cardstock and watercoloured it using a blend of Aquamarine and Emerald City. I diluted the latter with lots of water to get a pale green colour and mixed it with Aquamarine to create a nice, soft teal colour. I wadded gold and black paint splatters to the panel for more interest. I then die cut this panel using the Colour Block: Gradiating Stripes Die and foam mounted it to a white card panel. 

It was now time to assemble the card together. I foam mounted the watercolored image to the die cut background, and adhered the card front to a panel of Gold Mirror Cardstock, which was then adhered to a white card base. The sentiment is again die cut from the  Classic Words Die Set. I die cut the outer shadow from Vellum Paper and the word die from Gold Mirror Cardstock. The accompanying stamped sentiment is from the Floral Notes Stamp Set. I stamped it on a strip of white cardstock using Hybrid Black ink. I finished off the card with a couple of White Jewels


Hope you enjoyed looking at my cards today! I would love to hear what you think of them.
Thank you so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment