Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Spellbinders Guest Post | Candlewick Classics Collection by Becca Feeken

Hello, everyone!
I am excited and honoured to be guest designing on the Spellbinders blog today! I am here to share some projects that I’ve made with the absolutely delightful Candlewick Classics Collection by Becca Feeken.

The Candlewick Classics Collection is a perfect addition to the Candlewick Sampler Collection by Becca Feeken. Mix and match between the two for an amazing collaboration! The inspiration comes from the Candlewick embroidery design, a type of elegant white-on-white embroidery with its hints of dotted motifs and knots. Add them to your etched die collection! 

I have three cards to share with you today using the Candlewick Classics collection, so let's get started!


The gorgeous doily was my inspiration behind creating this card. I wanted to design my card in such a way that the doily remains the highlight of my design. I die cut the Nestabilities Doily Round Etched Dies using my  
Platinum 6 Die Cutting and Embossing Machine from White Cardstock. I did not pierce out all the intricate bits from the doily and let them be as is because I found the doily looked pretty even this way. I adhered this doily on a circle die cut from patterned paper.

The doily added a nice, feminine touch to my card, and I did not want to use too many embellishments which would cover up the design, so I simply die cut a circle from the Nestabilities Candlewick Circles Etched Dies and adhered it over the doily using foam dots for dimension. I stamped my sentiment in the centre of this circle and added white pearls all around the circle frame for added interest. 

For embellishing my card, I used a pink poppy flower along with coordinating rose buds, mini roses, and fillers. I used the Candlewick Rosebud Etched Dies to add foliage to my card. 

I added some bows of white satin ribbon to this arrangement and mounted the panel to a foiled patterned paper, which was then adhered to a top-folding card base made from Pearlescent White Cardstock. 



The doily border is such an elegant die design and I decided to use it to create the background for my card. I die cut the Shapeabilities Doily Border Etched Dies twice from Gold Mirror Cardstock and twice from White Cardstock. I adhered them all on my card panel using the Journey Craft Glue.  Next, I die cut the delicate squares from the Nestabilities Candlewick Squares Etched Dies from White Cardstock and layered them to create a frame. 

I stamped my sentiment on another square die cut to create the focal for my card. I created a rose using the Candlewick Rosebud Etched Dies and also die cut the leaves and foliage from the same die set. The flower petals were coloured using the Bubble Gum True Color Fusion Ink Pad while the leaves were coloured using the Sweet Pear True Color Fusion Ink Pad. I added some additional flowers and fillers to complete my arrangement. I mounted this panel to a top-folding blush card base. 



This card has tons of layering and I really enjoyed creating it. I started by die cutting the rounded corners from Gold Mirror Cardstock and Cream Cardstock along with White Fun Foam. I adhered the die cuts in a way that the gold would peek through from the sides giving it a regal look. Then, I die cut a circle from another piece of Cream Cardstock using the Nestabilities Candlewick Circles Etched Dies. I adhered another die cut in the centre to create the focal for my card. 

Once the basic framework of the card was done, I started working on the embellishments for my card. I added a pink anemone and several small filler flowers and foliage to create my floral cluster. I also tucked in some die cut vines, mini roses, and rose buds to complete my arrangement. I added a small sentiment tag below this arrangement and popped it on the panel using foam dots.

I matted this panel to another panel of Gold Mirror Cardstock, then a patterned paper, and lastly, Cream Cardstock. This was then adhered to a top-folding card base.

Other Supplies: 
Neenah Solar White 110 LB cardstock, Cream Linen Textured 12 x 12 Cardstock, Light Pink 12 X 12 Cardstock, White Pearlescent 12 X 12 Cardstock, Iris 270 GSM Cardstock, White Fun Foam; Pattern Papers: Papericious 'The Wedding' Collection, DCWV Blush Collection; Inks: Versafine Onyx Black Ink Pad; Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives 3D Foam Squares, Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue, Double Sided Foam Tape, Mini Glue Gun; McGill Inc. Paper Blossoms Tool kit, Micro Roses, Pollens, Rose Buds, White Satin Ribbon, Pearls.


I hope you loved the Candlewick Classics Collection and my cards using them! These dies are truly exquisite and a must have in your stash. If you would like to see more of my work using Spellbinders dies, do follow my Instagram page.
Thank you for stopping by, and wishing you a lovely day!

2 comments:

  1. Hussena!!! How absolutely phenomenal your cards are! I'm amazed with every post! This last Valentine reminds me of those that I found in my mother's trunk - so delicate, they crumbled in my fingers! Which should be a lesson to whomever receives this gorgeous Valentine from you!
    =] xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super gorgeous cards!! You do an amazing job with dies and elegance!!😍

    ReplyDelete