Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Guest Post using CrafTreat Stencils | Part One

Hello everyone!
I am so excited and honoured to be guesting on the CrafTreat blog. I have some cards to share I made using the amazing stencils from CrafTreat's September 2018 Release. I am in love with their layered florals and amazing background stencils. So much variety to work with here!

I am sharing FOUR cards today, so let's get started!


My first card features the 2 Step Peony stencil. I think this is my absolute favourite from this release! This card took me hardly any time to put together as all I needed to finish it was this stencil. I used Altenew's Rose Petal and Tropical Forest Mini Dye inks to colour the peonies and leaves. 


To complete the card, I stamped my sentiment in black on white cardstock and fussy cut the 'hello' and foam mounted it on my card panel. The sentiment stamps are from Altenew.


I also added a strip of black diagonal stripes which is from Papericious' Monochrome paper pack to finish off my card.



Card Two - CrafTreat Stencils - 2 Step Rose CornerLeaf Pattern Background

This card was a lot of fun to put together! I started by stenciling the Leaf Pattern Background on my card panel using Altenew Limestone ink. Once my panel was ready, I took another piece of Neenah Classic Crest Solar White cardstock and inked the floral design from the  2 Step Rose Corner stencil using Altenew's Tea Party and Tropical Forest inks.


Next, I taped the stencil in place and outlined the image using a Microfine Tip Black Marker and fussy cut the images individually. I separated the floral cluster into individual flowers, and repeated the same process for the flower buds and leaves.


I die cut an intricate white oval frame using Crafter's Companion's Ornate Mirror die, and arranged my florals on one corner of the frame. I adhered some images directly on the card panel while I popped some images using foam dots. All that was needed to complete this card were black ink splatters and clear sequins. I also added a die cut sentiment to finish off this card.




To create this card, I began with a 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" piece of Neenah Classic Crest Solar White cardstock. I used the 2 Step Daisy stencil to create the focal for my card. This is a 2 Step Stencil, however I have used only one layer for this card. I used Altenew's Pocketful of Sunshine Mini dye inks for colouring the daisies. Once my stenciling was done, I die cut the card panel using a scalloped frame die.


I used the Happy Cutaway from Winnie and Walter for the sentiment of my card. The Inlay Die Cutting technique is a great way to add interest to your design especially in CAS cards. The way to achieve this look is to simply die cut the sentiment die design from your card panel and then pop it up using foam. This highlights certain parts of the design bringing the focus to it.


I really liked the look this gave me.  Here's a close-up shot showing you the dimension.


I added few sequins and stamped the coordinating sentiment to complete the card. 



Card Four - CrafTreat Stencils - Mini Rose Background and Leaf Pattern Background 

This is my personal favourite from this lot! I love the elegance and softness of the Mini Rose Background design. I rarely create 'Get Well" cards and this would be perfect to give to someone who is healing from a surgery or a setback. I again used Neenah Classic Crest Solar White cardstock as my card panel. I first started by stenciling the Leaf Pattern Background using Altenew Limestone ink. Then, I used the Mini Rose Background to create the floral clusters on the background. I used the leaf background as a trellis and accordingly placed my floral clusters. I stenciled all three flowers in some places, and in some only the individual ones.  


This stencil is quite dainty and you will need to use very fine tip daubers or detail blending tools. If you don't have any of them, you can use earbuds to ink your stencils. The leaves in this stencil are really very tiny and you have to take care that the ink from the flowers doesn't seep into the leaves and vice versa. 



I kept the rest of the card design pretty simple. I die cut a circle from Vellum and topped it with another die cut circle from white cardstock. I lightly sponged small flowers on the white circle using the tiny flowers included in the Mini Rose Background stencil. I added a die cut sentiment and few enamel dots to complete this card. 




I hope you liked my cards and found them inspirational. These stencils are infinitely versatile and can be used for a wide range of projects. I will be back to share some more project ideas using them in my next post, so stay tuned! :)

Thank you so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Super beautiful creations Hussena!! Love your floral cards always :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all so gorgeous, my favorite is the last one!

    ReplyDelete