Monday, September 17, 2018

Spellbinders A Charming Christmas Collection | Guest Post Two

Hello everyone!
I am back to share my second guest post over at the Spellbinders blog. This post is a part of a series featuring the A Charming Christmas collection by Amazing Paper Grace. You can check out my first post using this collection HERE. I have a total of four projects to share today so let's get started!

I wanted to create a non traditional Christmas card using this collection and here's what I came up with:

To create this card, I first started by die cutting my card panel using the largest die from the 5 X 7 Matting Basics A Card Creator Etched die set. Next, I die cut the second largest die from the same die set from gold foil cardstock and layered it on my white card panel. I repeated this process two more times, and die cut the panels from white cardstock and patterned paper respectively, and adhered them one on top of the other.

I wanted this card to have a very ornate look, and the dies from this collection helped me achieve that look effortlessly. I used the Holly Jolly Christmas Etched die set to die cut the rectangular frame from gold foil cardstock. I also die cut it one more time from white fun foam so that it would have some dimension.

Next, I die cut the main snowflake die from the Charming Snowflake Doily Etched die set from white cardstock. I die cut the die several times from white cardstock so that it would have a raised look. I also added a small circle die cut in the centre of the snowflake and stamped my sentiment in the centre of the circle.

For creating the flowers, I used the Cinch and Go Poinsettia die set. I die cut them from White Foamiran sheets and inked the centres using pink and blue dye inks. I also added some matching pollens to the centres. The leaves were die cut from Green Foamiran, and I added some filler flowers and a bow to the card which I made using White Satin Ribbon to complete my floral arrangement.

Here is a shot showing a closer look of the flowers.

I also added four corners to my card which were die cut from gold foil cardstock.

Here is a picture of the complete arrangement.


Next up, I have a cute lil' Pillow Box to share!

I made this pillow box by tracing the template for it on a sheet of 8" X 8'' patterned paper and then hand cutting it. To embellish my pillow box, I simply die cut a border from the Charming Christmas Words Etched die set from gold foil cardstock. I created a band using the die cut border to add to my pillow box.

I also die cut an ornament and reindeer using the Charming Christmas Bough Etched dies and Charming Round Tag Etched dies. I attached both these ornaments to my pillow box using red baker's twine.

Here's how the back side of the pillow box looks like.


And lastly, I have two festive tags to share using the Charming Round Tag Etched die set!

To create these tags, I started by die cutting the base for the tags using the Standard Circle SM Etched dies. For the tag on the left, I used the Charming Round Tag Etched die set to die cut the intricate rim. If you have seen this die, you would know that the tag die has two different designs on the top and bottom. I only wanted to use the design on the top, so I die cut it twice from gold foil cardstock so that I'd end up with a full intricate circle overlay. I finished it off by adding a sentiment banner in the centre of the tag.

My second tag is a shaker one, and I used the same technique to create this one as well. This time I used the other design from the tag die in the Charming Round Tag Etched die set. I die cut it twice so that I'd be left with this pattern.

I stamped a sentiment in the centre and added a peach poinsettia flower and some leaves made using the Cinch and Go Poinsettia die set, and my tag was done.

S5-384 Charming Tag Pocket Etched Dies
S6-001 5 X 7 Matting Basics A Card Creator Etched Dies
S6-151 Holly Jolly Christmas Etched Dies
PE-100 Platinum 6 Die Cutting and Embossing Machine - 6" Platform
T-001 Tool' N One

Other supplies used : Neenah Solar White 110 LB cardstock, Cream Linen Textured 12 x 12 Cardstock, Papericious Ethereal 12" X 12" Patterned Papers, American Crafts Colored 12×12 cardstock, White 80 LBS Cardstock Sheets, Gold Foil Cardstock, White Fun Foam; Stick It Double Sided Adhesive Sheets; Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives 3D Foam Squares, Tombow Mono Multi Liquid Glue, Double Sided Foam Tape, Glue Gun; Winnie & Walter Merry & Bright with Evelin T Designs Stamp, Versafine Onyx Black Ink Pad, Foamiran Sheets (White, Olive Green, & Peach), McGill Inc. Paper Blossoms Tool kit, Pollens, Micro Rose Buds, Filler Flowers, Ribbon, Baker's Twine.


Thank you so much, for taking out time and reading my post. If you liked my projects, please do leave me a comment below. I always love to hear what you think of my projects. :)

Have a nice day everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Your work is stunning. Love the dimension of the snowflake. Pillow box is adorable. They can hold lots of holiday surprises. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The use of gold with some pastels looks incredible in the creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful set of creations! Each one is so elegant and beautiful!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!! These all are so beautiful and stunning!! Words fail to speak of the intricate details and gorgeousness!! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete