Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Spellbinders August 2021 Clear Stamp of the Month | Hex Tile Stamps


Hello everyone!
Welcome to my blog! I have a monochromatic friendship card to share today that I created using the Spellbinders Clear Stamp of the Month Kit - Hex Tile Stamps. If you haven't heard about the Clear Stamp of the Month Club by Spellbinders, you can go over to the Spellbinders blog and read more about it HERE.

The Spellbinders Clear Stamp for August is a 13 piece stamp set, containing beautiful layered effect floral images and sentiments perfect for a variety of occasions. The sentiments in particular coordinate with the Small Die of the Month and the Large Die of the Month Sets, so you can mix and match your supplies to create different projects. This “Hex Tile Stamps” stamp set features made in the USA stamps from high-quality photo-polymer for clear, crisp impressions.  

To create my card, I began by stamping the outline images on a piece of Alabaster Cardstock using Black Licorice ink. Then I stamped the layers for each bloom over top using Espresso, Mocha, Rocky Shore, and Sand Dunes inks from Altenew. I went with shades from the same colours family for a monochromatic look. Once that was done, I fussy cut the images using a pair of scissors.

I die cut Snowdrift Cardstock using the inner square label from the Fleur de lis Grandeur Fold Over Set and stamped a sentiment from the Clear Stamp of the Month Kit onto it using Black Licorice ink. Next, I die cut Snowdrift Cardstock and Gold Mirror Cardstock using the domed lattice arch die from the Lattice Petal Foldover Set. I slightly offset the two pieces while adhering them to create the illusion of depth without an excessive amount of bulk. Next, I die cut Snowdrift Cardstock and Gold Mirror Cardstock using the tiny flower and leaf sprig dies included in Petite Floral Potpourri Etched Dies . I coloured the mini flowers with Sand Dunne ink using a sponge dauber. I also die cut some additional leaves from Gold Mirror Cardstock using the leaf die included in the Victorian Slimline Splendor Die Set for visual interest and texture. 

It was now time to assemble the card together. I die cut Snowdrift Cardstock using the largest rectangle die from the Candlewick Rectangles Etched Die Set. I matted the die cut background frame with layers of Gold Mirror and Snowdrift before adhering it to a top-folding A2-sized white card base. Next, I popped up the domed lattice arch pieces and the sentiment panel with foam adhesive.

 Once that was done, I adhered down my floral images and die cut foliage using a mix of white glue and foam adhesive for dimension and interest. Then, to complete my card, I added a spray of gold sequins in different sizes.


I hope you liked my floral card and thanks so much for stopping by today. You can subscribe to any of the Spellbinders Clubs between the 1st - 24th of each month and never miss a fun kit like this again!  

If you like what you've seen from me, please give me a follow over on my Instagram (@hussena_cal) and/or subscribe to my blog if you haven't already.
Wishing you a great day ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment