Friday, April 19, 2019

Spellbinders + Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month | April 2019


Hello, friends!
It might seem that I am on a roll these days and it's actually true. I have been crafting almost every day this week, which is a first for me. Today, I'm happy to share a project which I have never tried making in the past. This is an interactive card made using the Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month -  Elegant Swivel & Sashay Card Die Set. If you haven't seen Becca Feeken's project samples using it yet, you must check them out. Her cards are incredibly stunning!

Now, onto my card, using this die set. I chose pastel tones for this card so as to not take away the focus from the intricacy of the die cuts. If you are like me, and aren't very good at figuring out measurements yourself, but want to know how to assemble this card in an quick and easy way, do watch Becca's tutorial on YouTube. It will really help you with creating the basic structure of your card. Here is a look at my card:

I have used patterned papers from the DCWV Scripts and Music Notes Premium Stack for this card. As you can see, there is a lot of layering on this card! I have used almost all the dies from this die set to put my card together. The flowers and leaves have been cut from Foamiran sheets and lightly embossed to give it a 3D look. 

I have added some foliage and mulberry rose buds to complete the floral arrangement.  

This is how the Twist and Fold effect looks like once opened. Who wouldn't love to receive such a card with such beautiful die cuts? I have used the same Foamiran flower here too and added the die cut words 'Thank You' which were cut from Vellum and Gold Mirror Cardstock respectively.  

Another look at the Pop and Twist part of the card. The card folds flat and can be mailed, albeit you will need to add a magnet or a belly band to secure it. 

A look at the pop-up panels. I have used the same patterned papers throughout to maintain the continuity of the colour tones and design.


And here is how it looks once closed. It's a bit bulky because of the layers and, I think, I will add tiny magnets on the inside to help it fold flat. 

And here is a look at the die set from Spellbinders. So many dies are included in one set. I find it real value for money!
If you are still on the fence about the Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month Membership, do check out the other project samples created using it on the Spellbinders blog. The dies are total value for money and the cost of the kit includes shipping cost within USA. Isn't that awesome?!

I hope you liked my card using it! If you did, please do leave a comment below letting me know.
Thank you so much for stopping by!
Have a great day ahead!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my!! This is just beyond gorgeous!! Fantastic blend of shabby chic, elegance and interactive elements! :)

    ReplyDelete