Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Spellbinders & Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month | March 2021


Hello, crafty friends!
I have a Card to share today featuring the Spellbinders + Amazing Paper Grace March 2021 Die of the Month Set. This month's "Mini 3D Vignette Floral Mason Jar" Set is perfect for making gorgeous cards, gift boxes, gift bags, and more in no time! This die set features 16 dies.

I created a side-folding Mason Jar Shaker Card filled with dimensional flowers using the Mini 3D Vignette Floral Mason Jar. This is a beautiful set of dies and it features a bouquet as well as lovely dimension, and folds flat like all of the 3D Vignettes.

I have a soft corner for Mason Jars and I was thrilled to find that Becca has designed this stunning die set for this month.  To create my card, I die cut the jar, the various flowers, stems, leaves, the lid, the little tag, and the filigree lace element from White Cardstock using my Spellbinders Platinum 6" Machine

Once that was done, I die cut the jar from Acetate, White Fun Foam, and White Cardstock to create the shaker piece for my card front. I also die cut an aperture in the front of the jar, so that the sequins and stems would be visible. I added a bit of soft colour to the front and back pieces of the jar using Pool Play ink with a blending tool for visual interest.

The flowers, stems, and leaves were coloured using Mermaid Markers by Jane Davenport. Once they were dry, I assembled the different flowers together to create a nice bouquet. For my card background, I blended Rustic Rose ink on a piece of White Cardstock using a blending brush, concentrating the colour towards the bottom, to create an ombre effect. I also blended the ink around the sides with a blending brush just to define the edges and added some paint splatters for a nice, artsy look. 

I assembled all the different pieces of the mason jar together and popped it over on my card panel. To create the patterned lid, I used a Gingham Stamp to stamp on the die cut piece in Rustic Rose ink. Then, I adhered it using foam squares to the jar. The little lace filigree element was lightly coloured using Pool Play ink with a blending tool and tucked in below the lid using Craft Glue. I stamped my sentiment on the stitched tag using with Black Licorice ink and threaded some satin ribbon on the top to add over the jar. 

The flowers were all adhered using foam squares, while the leaves were glued down using Craft Glue. I affixed my ink blended background piece to a panel of light blue cardstock and then adhered it to a side-folding white card base using Craft Glue. As the finishing touch, I adhered a couple of Sparkling Clear Sequins. 



The Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month is available exclusively at Spellbinders Paper Arts during March 2021. You can get the Mini 3D Vignette Floral Mason Jar Set at the special Cub Kit price, along with other membership perks.

If you'd like to see some more project inspiration using the Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month, check out the Spellbinders Blog where Becca shares some stunning project samples using it.  

Amazing Paper Grace Die of the Month Membership


That’s it for me today! I hope you liked my take on the die set! If you like what you've seen from me, please give me a follow over on my Instagram (@hussena_cal) and/or subscribe to my blog if you haven't already.

Thank you so much for your visit to my blog today!

1 comment:

  1. You have created a very stunning card. I always love the way you make and color your flowers. I wish I could make mine look there is water in the jar - that takes such talent!

    ReplyDelete