Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Love & Hugs | Card

Hello, crafty friends!
Wishing you all a very Happy New Year! This is my very first post this year. :D I hope, I am able to craft and share more in the days to come. I do have another post coming up later this week, so do check back for that as well!

My inspiration for today's card was the Altenew Bride To Be stamp set. I purchased this stamp set back in July last year and finally got a chance to use it. This stamp is so elegant and has some amazing layered floral and foliage stamps. Here's a look at my card:

This card took me a while to create because I don't have the matching dies for this set. I started by stamping a variety of flowers and leaves on Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110 LBS cardstock. I used several Altenew inks for stamping them. I don't remember the exact shades as I mixed and matched quite a few colours from different ink families.

Once everything was stamped, I fussy cut them out. This was the most tough part, and also the most time-consuming aspect of this project, as these images are quite intricate and take a bit of time to cut!

Once the images were fussy cut, I played around with my arrangement and chose to use the Doodled Dots Cover die for my card panel. I die-cut it from white cardstock and ink blended the background in a gradient fashion. Once that was done, I adhered my arrangement on the cover die cut.

The last step was to add a sentiment for my card which came from the Altenew Sketchy Florals stamp set. And to finish it off, I added few gold paint splatters.

My card was also inspired by this moth's Altenew Inspiration Challenge colours. Here's a look a the inspiration picture:


That's all for today! I hope you liked my card. If you did, please leave me a comment below. I would love to hear from you!
Thank you so much for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love the textures and design of the background! Lovely flowers. That was a lot of fussy cutting, but they turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love that stamp set and your background die as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card!! The flowers are so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back, Gorgeous bouquet of flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for playing Altenew January Inspiration Challenge! FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card...especially the background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, Hussena! I especially love the way you've created that beautiful bouquet of flowers. I need to spend some time doing this on my own cards :) Well done

    ReplyDelete