Thursday, September 10, 2020

Spellbinders September 2020 Card Kit | Whimsical Forest

Hello, crafty friends!
It's the start of a new month which means it's time for a NEW Card Kit from Spellbinders. I have a couple of cards to share today featuring the September 2020 Card Kit by Spellbinders - Whimsical Forest. If you haven't heard about the Monthly Card Kits by Spellbinders or don't know how to subscribe to one, you can go over to the Spellbinders website and/or blog and read more about them HERE

This "Whimsical Forest" Kit, like all their other Card Kits, gives you everything you need to create 10 unique cards and even more. You now also get better goodies, including a 40 sheet paper pad, clear stamps, an adorable die set, tons of embellishments, and more!
Card Kit of the Month Membership
I have FIVE Card ideas to share with you today using this kit, so let's get started!


Card #1
My card uses the Whimsical Forest Paper PadWhimsical Forest Die Cut Shapes Set, Whimsical Forest Clear Stamp Set, and the exclusive dies in this month's Card Kit.

The Whimsical Forest Die Cut Shapes Set contains some beautiful floral die cut pieces which are perfect for creating a wide variety of cards and other projects! I used them here to create the focal for my card design. For my card, I picked out a few floral pieces which would work well in terms of colour and size and grouped them together.

Next, I selected a patterned paper print from the Whimsical Forest Paper Pad and trimmed it to size to adhere over my card base. I adhered the floral die cuts on to it, some directly, and some using foam tape to create visual interest.

My sentiment is from the Whimsical Forest Clear Stamp Set and I stamped it using Licorice Ink on White Cardstock. I die cut it using the coordinating die from the Card kit and then adhered it to my panel using fun foam for a raised look. To finish, I added a couple of star stickers which are also from the Card Kit.


Card #2
My card uses the Whimsical Forest Paper PadWhimsical Forest Die Cut Shapes Set, Whimsical Forest Clear Stamp Set, and the exclusive dies in this month's Card Kit.

The stamp set in this month's kit is SO cute and I had to use it to create a scene-based card. To start off, I stamped the images from the Whimsical Forest Stamp set using Licorice Ink. I coloured the images using Zig Clean Color Brush Markers - nothing too fancy, just plain and simple colouring. Then, I die cut the images using the coordinating dies from the Card Kit and kept them aside.

Next, I die cut the ornate frame from Yellow Cardstock which is included as a part of the Card Kit. This frame die is so pretty and I can definitely see myself using it for a lot of projects. It reminds me of the iconic picture frame from the TV series, F.R.I.E.N.D.S :) I also die cut some clouds from White Cardstock.

Next, I used the Cloud Dreams Die to stencil on the entire card background. This is a great way to stretch your supplies if you don't have matching stencils in your stash. Simply die cut a couple of clouds from White Cardstock and then use it as a temporary stencil. It's super simple and inexpensive!

I adhered the frame, clouds, and stamped images on my card base using foam dots for dimension. I also adhered some matching die cut pieces from the Whimsical Forest Die Cut Shapes Set to complete the scene. Next, I hand cut a hill slope from Green Cardstock and stamped my sentiment on it which is from the Whimsical Forest Clear Stamp Set. The other half of the sentiment is a die cut piece from the Whimsical Forest Die Cut Shapes Set. I love how this one turned out! :)


Card #3
My card uses the Whimsical Forest Paper Pad, and Whimsical Forest Die Cut Shapes Set.

This card hardly took me time to put together and I am quite pleased with how it has turned out too. To start, I picked a patterned paper print from the Whimsical Forest Paper Pad and adhered it to my card base. I love the look of these simple rainbow stripes as they are so fun and cheerful.

Next, I picked out some oval frames and floral die cut pieces from the Whimsical Forest Die Cut Shapes Set and adhered them on my card panel. I also added some filler leaves and foliage to give the design a more cohesive look. Like I said earlier, this was very simple to create!


Card #4
My card uses the Whimsical Forest Paper Pad, Whimsical Forest Clear Stamp Set, and the exclusive dies in this month's Card Kit.

The inspiration for this card came from one of the sentiments from the Whimsical Forest Clear Stamp Set. it was so adorable and I had to use it create a card. For my card, I first selected a patterned paper print from the Whimsical Forest Paper Pad which would work well with my design. I trimmed it to size and adhered it to my card base.  Next, I die cut a frame from the Elegant Twist Rectangles Etched Dies from Gold Mirror Cardstock and adhered it over the card panel.

Next, I stamped the hedgehogs, mushrooms, and hearts from the Whimsical Forest Clear Stamp Set on Canson Montval Watercolor Paper. I coloured the images using Zig Markers and then die cut the panel using the Spellbinders Label Four Nestabilities Dies. Once that was done, I watercolored the panel using Tumbled Glass and Twisted Citron Distress inks for the sky and grass.

Then, I die cut some grassy slopes and clouds using the dies from the Card Kit and popped it on my panel using foam tape for dimension. I also stamped my sentiment directly to the panel using Licorice Ink. To finish, I adhered some stamped and die cut mushrooms to complete the scene.


Card #5
My card uses theWhimsical Forest Die Cut Shapes Set, Whimsical Forest Dimensional Sticker Set, and the exclusive dies in this month's Card Kit.

This card was quite fun to make! To begin, I took a piece of Navy Blue Cardstock and die cut the panel using a Stitched Rectangles Die Set.  Next, I die cut some clouds using dies from the Cloud Dreams Die and Card Kit from Gold Mirror Cardstock. Then, I picked out some die cuts from the Whimsical Forest Die Cut Shapes Set which would work for my card design and adhered them to my panel using foam dots. I also used few dimensional stickers to accentuate the design.

Once that was done, I die cut the sentiment using one of the dies from the Card Kit from Gold Mirror Cardstock. I then adhered it to my panel using foam tape for dimension. I also added an accompanying sentiment piece which is a die cut from the Whimsical Forest Die Cut Shapes Set. To finish, I added the rainbow pinwheel dimensional sticker.


If you want to find out more about the Club – prices, how you sign up and what’s included, please look ——–> HERE
 The Card Kits for Spellbinders Monthly Clubs are exclusive to Spellbinders and you won't find them anywhere else, so be sure to gets yours before it gets sold out! If there are any leftovers, they are added to the Spellbinders store for sale at full price after a few months. You can see all of the past Card Kits HERE.
Card Kit of the Month Membership
If you'd like to see some more project inspiration using the Card Kit, check out THIS super helpful YouTube video that has some awesome card ideas using the Card Kit. 

That's it from me for today! I hope you liked my cards. Let me know if you have any favourite(s)! I would love to hear from you.
If you would like to see more of my work using Spellbinders, do follow my Instagram page - @hussena_cal
Thank you so much for your visit to my blog today!

2 comments: