Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Spellbinders Sparkling Christmas Glimmer Collection | Card & Cottage Box

Hello, crafty friends!
I hope you're all doing well and are staying safe! I have a Card and Gift Box to share today using the stunning Glimmer Plates from the Spellbinders Sparkling Christmas Glimmer Collection. I simply LOVE the products in this release as they are so creative and versatile and perfect for creating all kinds of holiday projects!



The Christmas Sweater Borders set has three border plates in varying heights with each having a different classic holiday sweater design. I love all three designs in this set and decided to use them together to create my card background. I used my Glimmer Hot Foil System to foil the plates on to my Cardstock piece using the Glimmer Hot Foil Roll - Gold. I simply love the rich, luscious look against white! 

Next, I took a piece of Light Pink Textured Cardstock and embossed the panel using the Layered Scallops Embossing Folder from Fun Stampers Journey. This is one of my all-time favourite folders and I love using it on my projects! 

Once my card panels were adhered down, it was time to embellish my card. I decided to create some poinsettia flowers using the Glimmer Poinsettia Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die Set. I foiled the flowers and leaves using Glimmer Hot Foil Roll - Gold and Glimmer Hot Foil Roll - Rose Gold on some Whip Cream Cardstock and then die cut them using the coordinating dies. I loved the look of the flowers as is, but I decided it to take it a notch higher and create 3D flowers. I embossed the petals and added light pink Crystals in the centres to jazz them up. I also die cut some leaves from regular Cardstock and colored them using Lemon Grass Ink. I coloured the hot foiled leaves using Sweet Pear Ink to bring it all in together.

The sentiment is from the Holiday Sentiments Series 2 Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die Set. I used the Glimmer Hot Foil Roll - Gold on Whip Cream Cardstock to foil my sentiment. Then, I die cut another coordinating sentiment strip in pink to further accentuate it. To complete my card, I added some Pink Crystals.




I love this particular die set from Amazing Paper Grace as it's so darn cute yet elegant at the same time. Plus it comes with a plethora of add-on accessories to embellish the box which is so neat! I created a coordinating Gift Box to go along with my Card and I am quite happy with how it turned out! 

For my box, I first die cut the base from Whip Cream Cardstock using the Shapeabilities Charming Cottage Box Etched Dies. Next, I used the Christmas Sweater Borders Glimmer Hot Foil Plate to foil the borders on the box using Glimmer Hot Foil Roll - Gold. Once this was done, I assembled the box and kept it aside. 

I wanted to keep the embellishing super simple so as to not take away from the beauty of the foiled borders. I decided to use the same poinsettia flowers that I used for my Card to embellish my Box too. I foiled the flower from the Glimmer Poinsettia Glimmer Hot Foil Plate & Die Set using Rose Gold Foil. Then, I die cut them using the coordinating dies and embossed the centres for a more natural look. I repeated the same process for the leaves. This time, I wanted to have a pop of colour in my arrangement, so I die cut a flower from Blush Cardstock and added gold glitter balls to the centre to accentuate it. Then I adhered everything together to create my floral spray.

To complete my project, I added a die-cut sentiment tag. I stamped my sentiment on the tag using Rustic Rose Ink and then die cut it and popped it over on my box.  I also added some Pink Crystals here and there for added interest. 

Thanks for joining me today to take a look at the new Christmas Collections from Spellbinders. I would love to hear what you think of my projects. :)

If you would like to see more of my work using Spellbinders, do follow my Instagram page - @hussena_cal
Thank you so much for your visit to my blog today!

No comments:

Post a Comment