Thursday, January 6, 2022

Spellbinders Guest Design Post | Love You More Collection


Hello, crafty friends!
I'm so honoured to be guest posting today on the Spellbinders blog! I'm sharing a set of two cards today using dies from the NEW Love You More Collection. This die cutting collection features two sets that you can mix and match to create a variety of projects ranging from Valentine's Day cards or Anniversary Cards, just to name a few.

The Open House Door Base Die Set coordinates together with the Open House Valentines Set, but if you don't have that in your stash, you can easily substitute it with the Always Welcome Die Set as all of the accessories mix and match between these two styles of doors.

My first card features the Open House Valentines Set. I wanted to showcase how the die set could be used even without the front door die and this would be perfect to send to a friend or a loved one!

To create my card, I first trimmed piece of Snowdrift Cardstock to 4.25” x 5.5” and ink blended the top three-quarters of the panel using Cracked Pistachio and Tumbled Glass Distress inks, concentrating the darker shade towards the top. Next, I matted my panel with a piece of Brush Gold Cardstock. 

I die cut Wild BerryPink Sand, and Brush Gold Cardstock using the banner dies included in the Open House Valentines Set. I adhered each of the pieces down on my panel using foam adhesive for dimension. Next, I die cut Vellum using a Scalloped Circle die included in the Nestabilities Classic Scalloped Circles Small Etched Dies. Then, I die cut Snowdrift Cardstock using the 1-1/8-inch Circle Die from the Nestabilities Small Standard Circles Etched Dies. I layered the two pieces together, one on top of the other, using foam adhesive. Next, I die cut Wild Berry and Pink Sand Cardstock using the heart dies included in the Open House Valentines Set. I also die cut Pink Sand and Brush Gold Cardstock using the cute envelope and arrow dies included in the set. I adhered all the different die cut pieces on my panel using a mix of liquid glue and foam adhesive. 

Once that was done, I die cut SnowdriftWild Berry, and Brush Gold Cardstock with the door mat dies in the set. I layered the pieces together and adhered it on my panel using foam piece. I also die cut some mini hearts using leftovers from the die cut pieces to add to my card panel using liquid adhesive. Then, to complete, I went ahead and adhered the panel to a top-folding A2-sized white card base with tape runner.



For this card, I started off by die-cutting Snowdrift Cardstock using the Circular Stitch Background Etched Die in my Spellbinders Platinum 6" Machine. This die is super versatile and I love the beautiful die cut details in it! I matted the entire die cut panel with Pink Sand and Waterfall Cardstock before adhering to it a top-folding A2-sized white card base.   

I die-cut Pink Sand Cardstock, Brush Gold Cardstock, and White Foam Sheets using the outline and insert dies included in the Love You More Die Set. I adhered the pink die-cut sentiment on top of the gold die-cut with liquid glue, offsetting them a bit to form a shadow. I then adhered the shadow layers for each of the die cut pieces for dimension and depth. I then ink blended Picked Raspberry ink to the top three-quarters of the sentiment die-cut pieces for more depth. Once that was done, I adhered the pieces down to my panel using foam adhesive.

I die cut SnowdriftWaterfall, Brushed Silver, and Pink Sand Cardstock using the mini flower, leaf, and foliage dies from the Mini Blooms and Sprigs Etched Dies and Layered Blooms Etched Dies. I assembled the floral sprays together in the corners of the card and adhered them down on my panel using a mix of foam adhesive and liquid adhesive for dimension and interest. Then, to finish, I adhered a few sparkling blue rhinestones to the flower centers and around my panel to embellish. 

I hope you enjoyed this duo of cards featuring the Love You More CollectionThank you so much for stopping by today! You can find more inspiration over at my Instagram page

SPELLBINDERS SUPPLIES:
CS-003, CS-005, CS-017, CS-024, CS-027, SCS-116, SCS-117, SCS-151, SCS-160 S2-314, S4-114, S4-1091, S5-490, PCGO4E, PE-100, T-021

OTHER SUPPLIES:
Neenah Solar White Cardstock, Copic Markers, Picked Raspberry Distress Ink, Blending Tool, Sponge Daubers, Tape Runner, Foam Adhesive, Rhinestones, White Fun Foam Sheets

No comments:

Post a Comment