Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Spellbinders May Card Kit of Month - Stay Wild


Hello there, everyone!
I have an exciting post to share today featuring the May  Card Kit of the Month by Spellbinders - Stay Wild. If you haven't heard about the Monthly Card Kits by Spellbinders or don't know how to subscribe to one, you can go over to the Spellbinders website and/or blog and read more about them HERE

This month's kit "Stay Wild", like all other of their Card Kits, gives you everything you need to create 10 unique cards and even more. You now also get better goodies, including a 40 sheet paper pad, clear stamps, an adorable die set, tons of embellishments, and more!
Card Kit of the Month Membership

I have made FOUR Cards using the kit, so without further ado, let's get started!

My first card is made using the Stay Wild Paper Pad,   
Stay Wild Clear Stamp Set, Chipboard Frames, and dies from the kit. 

I used the layering dies from the kit to die cut the flowers and leaves from Watercolor Cardstock. I coloured these pieces using Watercolor Brush Markers and popped them on foam dots for dimension. Next, I die cut the word 'Smile' a couple of times from White Cardstock and stacked them one on top of the other so that it would give a raised look. I also stamped the rest of the sentiment (from the Stay Wild Clear Stamp Set) on a strip of white cardstock to finish the card. 

And finally, I added some silver sequins as finishing touches for my card. Isn't this so simple and pretty?! 


Moving on to my second card which features the Stay Wild Die Cut Shapes Set, the Stay Wild Clear Stamp Set, and the Stay Wild Paper Pad.

It took me a while to compose this card because of the design and the colours used. I started by pulling out some die cuts from the Stay Wild Die Cut Shapes Set and arranging them on my card base. I tried to use similar colours and patterns to help achieve a balance in design. I also adhered two coordinating patterned papers on my card base. 

To complete the card, I die cut some leaves using Copper Foil Cardstock and stamped my sentiment on a piece of White Cardstock, which was then matted onto Copper Foil Cardstock And that's it! This card was finished!



To create this card, I first adhered a foiled patterned paper from the Stay Wild Paper Pad on the bottom of my card. Next, I adhered a piece of embossed cardstock on the top which was created using the Fun Stampers Journey Layered Scallops Embossing Folder. For the focal of my card, I added some die cuts (from the Stay Wild Die Cut Shapes Set) which were layered over one another to help create a balanced card design.  

I also added some Copper Foil Cardstock die cut leaves on either side of the card to complete the look. I love how this one turned out!


Finally, my last card for today is something very different from my usual style. I have used a mix of the Stay Wild Die Cut Shapes Set, the Stay Wild Clear Stamp Set, and the Stay Wild Paper Pad.

This card is slightly smaller than the standard A2 Card size. To create this one, I started by adhering a foiled patterned paper on my card base, which happens to be the same one I used on my previous card as well. Next, I die cut a decorative shape from another patterned paper and adhered it on the foiled patterned paper. For the focal, I used a bunch of die cut shapes, a chipboard frame, and some stamped, coloured, and fussy cut elements. 

This card was really fun to put together as it has elements and patterns which I don't generally tend to work with. I hope you like it!

And here is a picture of all the four cards together! I would love to know if you have a favourite!

Here is a video showing you some card ideas using this month's kit by Spellbinders. Watch this to have a closer look at the kit contents. 


That's it from me today! I hope you liked my cards using the Spellbinders May Card Kit of the Month. If you have a favourite, please do let me know. I would love to hear from you! :)

Thank you so much for stopping by!
Have a great day ahead. 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful and different set of cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, I love the layered die flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome cards Hussena ! Loved the balance of color,texture on all of them !

    ReplyDelete