Sunday, October 14, 2018

Happy Birthday | Card

Hello everyone!
This is my second post for the day. To view my first post, please click HERE.

I made this card keeping in mind a couple of challenges from Winnie and Walter's World Card Making Day challenges. This card features some of my favourite Winnie and Walter products. I have been in absolute love with the In Bloom: Maggie's Roses Cutaways die for as long as I can remember, and I finally got my hands on this set last year, but wasn't able to use it till now. I'm so happy to finally get a chance to use it! 

To create this card, I first started by die cutting my card panel using the scalloped frame die from the Essentials: Audrey's Cutaways. Next, I die cut the roses and leaves from In Bloom: Maggie's Roses Cutaways and lightly ink blended them using dye inks from Altenew. I did some stenciling on the background using the Scenery: Do You See What I See? Creative Screenings to add some more interest to my card.


I created my own sentiment by using sentiments from two different stamp sets: In a Word: Happy and The Big, the Bold and Party. All that was needed to complete this card were black ink paint splatters and few clear sequins, and my card was finished.



I am entering this card in the following challenges by Winnie and Walter:
Ink Blending Challenge with Lea
Dress Up Your Die Cuts Challenge with Gayatri (I've done ink blending on the die cut roses and leaves)
Stamp Images Mash Up Challenge with Jessica
Number Cruncher Challenge with Keren (I have added two flowers as my focal, six sequins, and eight leaves on my card so all my elements are in even numbers)
Lucky 7 Limit Challenge with Shay - My lucky 7 goes like this: 2 stamp sets + 2 die sets + 3 tools (blending tools, die cutting machine, adhesive)

I hope you enjoyed seeing this card. If you did, please let me know! I would love to hear your thoughts on this one.

Thank you so much for stopping by!

3 comments: