Sunday, October 14, 2018

Happy 8th Birthday | Card

Hello everyone!
This is my final card for the day. If you would like to see my first two cards, you can check them out HERE and HERE.

I have this super fun card to share I made using several stamps and dies from Winnie and Walter. I never make masculine cards, but I think this one would fit the category very well! It would be perfect to give to a boy. Here's how my card looks:

I have done quite a bit of layering on this card. To start with, I first trimmed a piece of kraft cardstock to adhere to my card base. I also die cut a white panel using a Stitched Rectangles die to create my card panel. Once all the base preparation was done, I began to work on the focal of my card. I die cut balloons from different patterned papers except for the large polka dots balloon in red, which was stamped and then die cut. I used the Big Round Balloon Cutaways to die cut the balloons. The large polka dots balloon in red was stamped and die cut using the Ring in the Celebration stamp & coordinating die set


I wanted my sentiment to read "Happy 8th Birthday" so I stamped the number eight and the 'th' using stamps from the Typecast: Cary set and fussy cut them and adhered them to my panel. The word 'happy' is from the In a Word: Happy Coordinating Cutaways. I die cut it from white cardstock several times and layered them one on top of the other to give it a raised look. I also lightly inked the die cut using pink dye ink. The 'birthday' is from the In a Word: Happy (the stamp set) and was stamped using black dye ink on a piece of white cardstock. I then embossed a piece of green cardstock using Provo Craft's Swiss Dots embossing folder to create the grassy effect. And my card was done! This was so fun to put together.



I am entering this card in the following challenges by Winnie and Walter:
Stamp Images Mash Up Challenge with Jessica
Number Cruncher Challenge with Keren
Dress Up Your Die Cuts Challenge with Gayatri (I've done ink blending on the 'happy' die cut)
Lucky 7 Limit Challenge with Shay - My lucky 7 goes like this: 3 stamp sets + 3 die sets + 1 embossing folder.
Ink Blending Challenge with Lea (I've done ink blending on the 'happy' die cut)


I hope you enjoyed seeing this card. If you did, please let me know! I would love to hear your thoughts on it.

Thank you so much for stopping by!

3 comments: