Saturday, March 25, 2017

Soft Watercoloring with Masking Fluid | Card

Hello bloggy friends,
I have a card to share today which I created for my inspiration post over at Pretty Paper Studio. It's something I have never tried before so I really enjoyed the creative process. I have a tutorial to share as well on how I created my card.



I have used masking Fluid by Winsor and Newton to mask my flowers and background. Here's a look at the step by step process :

For this technique, all you need is a bottle of masking fluid, a paint brush and ofcourse some watercolour paper and mediums. To begin with, draw some loose florals using your masking fluid on a watercolour paper. I used a real-life stamp set from the Wplus9 Freehand Florals set for my inspiration. You can use any stamped image or even an illustration for your reference. After you use your paint brush to draw using your masking fluid, let it dry.

A look at the image after using Masking Fluid.

Once it’s dry, start adding watercolours around your masked areas. Let the water do all the work for you by picking very little pigment of watercolour as shown below. I have used Zig Clean Colour Real Brush pens for colouring, but you can definitely use any medium of your choice. I’m not a pro at colouring nor a professional artist, I have just played around with the masking technique to create a look which was pretty to me.

I continued colouring free hand with my Zig Markers to create the delicate foliage and flowers. Once I was happy with the floral arrangement, I die-cut this card panel using a Winnie and Walter die and mounted it to my card base. I stamped my sentiment which is from the Altenew Amazing You stamp set and added few clear sequins and black paint splatters to finish off my card.


I am linking my card to the :


I hope you liked my card and enjoyed reading my post. Let me know if you have any questions or would like to know anything more. Thank you so much for dropping by!


9 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! I need to try this. I think you need to have control on your hands (and mind). I keep on adding more colour when I should just stop! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning!! The flowers and colors are gorgeous!! Your tutorial is fabulous, too!! Love this!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspiring! Thank you so much for such detailed instructions, Hussena!
    xx Ashwini

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful flowers and a great tutorial. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.
    Elaine DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is just Gorgeous, you did a beautiful job of free hand drawing and coloring of the flower and leaves, such pretty details!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How stunning is your card- loved the watercolored flowers!! <3
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful card. Love your watercoloring job and the scallop die cut is perfect. Thank you for playing along with HLS Anything Goes With Dies March Challenge. Hope to see you again in April!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow really interesting technique. and I love the borders of the picture, it makes it whole stand out! Thanks for joining us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete