Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Foiled Card Set | Delicate Impressions by Amazing Paper Grace


Hello, crafty friends!
Happy New Year! 2021 is here and I'm so glad that it's time for a fresh start on things.

I am kick-starting the New Year with a set of floral foiled cards that I made using the Glimmer Hot Foil Plates from the Delicate Impressions Collection by Spellbinders/Amazing Paper Grace. It's a gorgeous collection comprising beautiful florals, elegant backgrounds, and uplifting sentiments. I had such a fantastic time creating with it! Here's a look at my Cards:


I designed my cards in two different orientations and used the Diamonetta Background Glimmer Hot Foil Plate and Fanfare Border Glimmer Hot Foil Plate to create them in hues of cream, gold, and pink, which also happens to be my most favourite colour combination. 

To begin, I foiled the Diamonetta Background Glimmer Hot Foil Plate using Matte Gold Foil to a piece of Cream Cardstock using my Glimmer Hot Foil System. The Diamonetta Background Plate is my favourite out of the entire collection. It foils beautifully and you have the ability to repeat the pattern over a larger area should you so wish. 

Next, I foiled the Fanfare Border Glimmer Hot Foil Plate using Matte Gold Foil to a piece of Cream Cardstock and then hand cut the scalloped border to add over my card panel. I also added a 1/4" strip of Gold Mirror Cardstock on to the panel for interest. 

My floral spray was created using the flower dies from the Cinch and Go III Dies and were die cut from White Foamiran sheets. It's been a while since I worked with Foamiran and I thoroughly enjoyed creating with it for my cards today. I colored the centres of the flowers using Rustic Rose Ink, but you can use any coloring medium that you have in your stash. I then embossed the petals of the flowers using Embossing Tools and added clay pollens to the centres for a naturalistic look. The leaves are die cut from the Cinch and Go III Die Set and the Cinch and Go IV Die Set. I cut them from White Cardstock and colored them using Electric Lime Ink. I also added some embossed groove lines to a few of the die cuts for interest. The teeny tiny filler flowers were also cut from White Foamiran using the smallest flower die in the Cinch and Go IV Die Set. Once everything was done, I adhered the floral spray to my card front using Hot Glue as Foamiran doesn't stick very well to paper with liquid adhesive.

The sentiment is from the Giving Occasions Stamp and Die Set and was stamped using Black Licorice Ink directly on to my card front. I adhered the panel to a piece of Pink Cardstock, which was then mounted to another panel of Gold Mirror Cardstock, and then finally to my card base which was created from Cream Cardstock.


My second Card has a similar design, but I changed the orientation of the card and few elements here and there to come up with a new card layout!

I started by foiling the Diamonetta Background Glimmer Hot Foil Plate using Matte Gold Foil to a piece of Cream Cardstock using my Glimmer Hot Foil System. I also foiled the Fanfare Border Glimmer Hot Foil Plate using Matte Gold Foil on a piece of Cream Cardstock and then hand cut the scalloped border to add over my card panel. I affixed the two foiled pieces to my panel and added a 1/4" strip of Gold Mirror Cardstock in the centre to cover the seam. 

The floral spray is also quite similar to the one on my previous card, however I added some additional foliage and filler flowers to make the arrangement look more wholesome and complete. All the flowers have been die cut from White Foamiran sheets using the different sized flower dies from the Cinch and Go III Die Set. I used Rustic Rose Ink to colour the centres and added white clay pollens to make them look fuller and more natural. The leaves and foliage are die cut from Cinch and Go III Die Set, the Cinch and Go IV Die Set, and a die from a previous Card Kit from Spellbinders. I lightly coloured the leaves using Electric Lime Ink and shaped them using a selection of Embossing Tools and Groove Golf Tools. I arranged everything on my card panel and adhered it down using Hot Glue. 

The ornate sentiment frame is from the Giving Occasions Stamp and Die Set and was die cut from Gold Mirror Cardstock and Cream Cardstock. I stacked the two pieces together, slightly offsetting them to create the illusion of depth without an excessive amount of bulk.  

The sentiment is from the same set and I stamped it on a strip of Cream Cardstock using Black Licorice Ink which was then cut out using the coordinating die and attached to the centre of the frame. 


Well, that brings me to the end of my post for today! I hope you enjoyed looking at my cards and are inspired to give these foil plates a go. They are truly marvelous!

 If you like what you've seen from me, please give me a follow over on my Instagram (@hussena_cal) and/or subscribe to my blog if you haven't already.
Thank you for stopping by! 

2 comments:

  1. They both are absolutely gorgeous, the foiling is pretty and I love your arrangement of the flowers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I marvel at your handiwork designing these gorgeous florals, Hussena! Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete