Thursday, July 2, 2020

Spellbinders July 2020 Card Kit | Vintage Mementos


Hello, crafty friends!
It's the start of a new month which means it's time for a new Card Kit from Spellbinders. I have a couple of cards to share today featuring the July 2020 Card Kit by Spellbinders - Vintage Mementos. If you haven't heard about the Monthly Card Kits by Spellbinders or don't know how to subscribe to one, you can go over to the Spellbinders website and/or blog and read more about them HERE

This "Vintage Mementos" Kit, like all their other Card Kits, gives you everything you need to create 10 unique cards and even more. You now also get better goodies, including a 40 sheet paper pad, clear stamps, an adorable die set, tons of embellishments, and more!
Card Kit of the Month Membership

I have FIVE Card ideas to share with you today using this kit, so let's get started!

Card #1
My card uses the Vintage Mementos Paper Pad, Vintage Mementos Die Cut Shapes Set, Vintage Mementos Clear Stamp Set, and the exclusive dies in this month's Card Kit.

I have never really worked with Vintage colours or prints for my projects, so this Card Kit was pretty challenging yet exciting to work with at the same time. For my card, I first selected a patterned paper design from the Vintage Mementos Paper Pad which would work with the design I had in mind. I trimmed it and added it to my card panel. I also added a piece of Navy Blue Cardstock to the bottom of my card for contrast.

The dies in this month's kits are really beautiful and I decided to combine some of them for my card design. I die cut the border die from the Card Kit from Gold Mirror Cardstock and adhered it down to my panel to cover the seams of the patterned paper and cardstock.

Next, I die cut a circle from the Elegant Twist Circles Etched Die Set from Gold Mirror Cardstock and adhered it down to my panel. I then added the coordinating inlay piece which was die cut from Buttercream Cardstock. I also tucked in two die cuts at the top and bottom of the circle to give it a regal look, which was again die cut from Gold Mirror Cardstock using dies from the Amazing Paper Grace July Die of the Month Set. I then popped a die-cut piece from the Vintage Mementos Die Cut Shapes Set and heat embossed my sentiment in gold using a sentiment stamp from the Vintage Mementos Clear Stamp Set. That's it and my card was ready!


Card #2
My card uses the Vintage Mementos Paper PadVintage Mementos Die Cut Shapes Set, and the exclusive dies in this month's Card Kit.

For my card, I again started by selecting a patterned paper print from the Vintage Mementos Paper Pad and adhered it down to my panel. I also trimmed a piece of Navy Blue Cardstock and adhered it to my panel, which is included as a part of the Card Kit.

Next, I die cut a lace using the border die from the Card Kit and adhered it to my panel. Then, I die cut a circle using the Elegant Twist Circles Etched Die Set from Vellum and added a die-cut piece from the Vintage Mementos Die Cut Shapes Set over it. I also adhered some bird die-cut pieces and a butterfly to create my main focal. Finally, I added a sentiment die-cut tile to my card panel. If you notice, I have also adhered gold circle pieces all over the patterned paper for added interest. I think it makes for an interesting detail, what do you think?


Card #3
My card uses the Vintage Mementos Paper PadVintage Mementos Die Cut Shapes Set, and the exclusive dies in this month's Card Kit.

To create this card, I first pulled out one of the patterned papers from the Vintage Mementos Paper Pad which would work well for my card background. Then, I die cut a rectangle frame from the Elegant Twist Rectangles Etched Dies from Whip Cream Cardstock. I adhered this down to my panel using glue.

Next, I die cut the gorgeous frame die included in this month's Card Kit from Gold Mirror Cardstock and adhered it to my panel using foam dots. I then picked out a couple of floral die-cuts from the Vintage Mementos Die Cut Shapes Set to create my card design. To complete my card, I added a sentiment banner and a butterfly which were again die-cut pieces from the Vintage Mementos Die Cut Shapes Set. I quite like how this came together!


Card #4
My card uses the Vintage Mementos Die Cut Shapes Set, Vintage Mementos Clear Stamp Set, and the exclusive dies in this month's Card Kit.

This card is my personal favourite from the lot as the sentiment I have used here is one of my forever favourites. To create this card, I first die cut a rectangle frame using the Elegant Twist Rectangles Etched Dies from Whip Cream Cardstock. Then, I took a piece of Watercolor Paper and lightly watercolored the background using Tumbled Glass Distress ink. I wanted to give it a loose, ethereal look which is why I went in with a very light watercolour wash.

Then, I die cut a frame from using the die from the Card Kit and adhered it to my panel using foam dots. I also tucked in the square sentiment piece, which is from the Vintage Mementos Die Cut Shapes Set. Next, I used a stamp from the Vintage Mementos Clear Stamp Set to stamp and heat emboss the feathers on Vellum using Gold Tinsel Embossing Powder. I like the sparkly, glitter finish of this powder and it worked perfectly with my card design. I then used the Journey Gold Twine to create a bow and adhered it down to my panel. I also added some light blue flowers and a bird chipboard piece to further accentuate my card.

As my final step, I added a butterfly and music note die-cut, both of which are from the Vintage Mementos Die Cut Shapes Set.


Card #5
My card uses the Vintage Mementos Clear Stamp Set.

My idea with this Card was to create a CAS design to showcase the beautiful images from the Vintage Mementos Clear Stamp Set. I started with a piece of Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock and die cut a circle in the centre using the Elegant Twist Circles Etched Die Set. Next, I took another piece of White Cardstock and coloured it using Haystack Ink Pad. I then adhered this down to my card base and added the die cut panel over it.

 I ink blended this piece using Pool Play True Color Fusion Ink Pad and stamped some birds from the Vintage Mementos Stamp Set using Black Licorice Ink Pad.

Next, I stamped the image of the birds sitting on a branch using Black Licorice Ink and coloured it using Zig Markers. Then, I fussy cut the image and adhered it to my card panel. All that was left to do was to add a sentiment, and I picked one from the Vintage Mementos Set and stamped it directly on my panel.



If you want to find out more about the Club – prices, how you sign up and what’s included, please look ——–> HERE
 The Card Kits for Spellbinders Monthly Clubs are exclusive to Spellbinders and you won't find them anywhere else, so be sure to gets yours before it gets sold out! If there are any leftovers, they are added to the Spellbinders store for sale at full price. You can see all of the past Card Kits HERE.

If you'd like to see some more project inspiration using the Card Kit, check out THIS super helpful YouTube video that has some awesome card ideas using the Card Kit. 


That's it from me for today! I hope you liked my cards. Let me know if you have any favourite(s)! I would love to hear from you.
If you would like to see more of my work using Spellbinders, do follow my Instagram page - @hussena_cal
Thank you so much for your visit to my blog today!

No comments:

Post a Comment