Friday, June 19, 2020

Spellbinders | Twinkle Lights Glimmer Hot Foil Plate


Hello, crafty friends!
Hope you are doing well and are safe and healthy!
I have a Card to share today featuring the Spellbinders Twinkle Lights Glimmer Hot Foil Plate. This Plate adds stunning foil accents to any project from cards to mixed media and more. The Glimmer Hot Foil Plates are designed to be used with the Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil System (or other compatible hot foil system).
Twinkle Lights Glimmer Hot Foil Plate

I had a great time working on this card as I took out my Glimmer System to use after a really long time. I love adding foiled accents to my projects, but often get lazy, and don't feel like pulling out my Glimmer System to foil certain accents for my cards, but this plate gave me the impetus to finally take out my machine and work with it. Here's a look at it:

This Card hardly took me hardly any time to put together as the Twinkle Lights Glimmer Hot Foil Plate did all the work for me. For my card, I first trimmed a piece of Black Licorice Cardstock to fit my card size. Next, I took out my Spellbinders Glimmer Hot Foil System and let it heat for some time till it was ready to foil - I used the Twinkle Lights Glimmer Hot Foil Plate in conjunction with the Glimmer Hot Foil Roll - Matte Gold to foil my card background. The size of this Glimmer Plate is really good and I had to repeat the process only twice to foil my entire card background. I also chose to use a Matte finish foil as it looks more chic compared to the regular Gold Foil Rolls.

Once I was done with my background, I started planning about the focal for my card. I die cut a circle using the Nestabilities Hemstitch Circles Etched Dies from Black Licorice Cardstock. Then, using the different sentiment plates from the Glimmering Wedding Wishes Glimmer Hot Foil Plates, I created my own sentiment and hot foiled it using the Glimmer Hot Foil Roll - Matte Gold. I love the dramatic look that the black and gold offers. I am using this color combination for my card after a long time, so it was quite refreshing!

I wanted to create two floral sprays on opposite sides of my card, so I die cut a bunch of flowers and foliage using the dies from the June 2020 Card Kit of the Month - Life is a Party. I simply cannot have enough of these beautiful dies and find myself reaching for them for almost every project that I am making these days. They are really fantastic! I die cut some flowers from Bubble Gum Cardstock and the rest of the foliage and leaves from various DCWV Cardstock Sheets. I also die cut the flower centres from Gold Mirror Cardstock for added sheen. I adhered everything to my panel using liquid glue. All that was left to do was to pop this over to a card base. I created my own card base using Black Licorice Cardstock and my card was done. So simple and quick to make! I had such a good time creating this card.

That's it from me for today! I hope you liked my card! I would love to hear what you think of it. :)
If you would like to see more of my work using Spellbinders, do follow my Instagram page - @hussena_cal
Thank you so much for your visit to my blog today!

1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty card. Love the gold on the black background. The addition of the pink and green floral elements is the icing on the cake. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete