Friday, August 2, 2019

Guest Post using CrafTreat Stencils


Hello, everyone!
I have some projects to share today I created using stencils from CrafTreat's April 2019 Release. Without further ado, let's get started!

My first card features the Round Dot Mandala Stencil. I have never worked with Mandala stamps or stencils before, so I was thrilled when I saw this design. To create my card background, I used Prima Marketing's Light Paste mixed with different shades of dye inks to achieve the colour hues I wanted for my card design. Once that was done, I used Papericious' Twinkling Spark Glitter Powder to sprinkle glitter all over the stenciled mandala design. This gave a really subtle yet pretty shimmer to the card. 

To complete my card, I fussy cut a couple of flowers and leaves from Altenew's Botanical Rhapsody Washi Tape and adhered them to my panel using foam dots for added dimension. 

Here's a look at the gorgeous shimmer and texture. I honestly am in love with the sherbet colours. These are my all-time favourites!

To complete the card, I added a sentiment to the centre and matted it on some grey textured cardstock. This was then adhered to an A2 sized top folding card base. 
  

My next card is different from my usual style and is created using the Flower Fusion Positive Dots & Flower Fusion Negative Dots Stencils. This is something really new from CrafTreat and I was really excited to give it a try!

For my card, I wanted to use some fresh and bold colours reminiscent of spring. I started by stenciling my card panel using the Checkered Rose Stencil and Altenew's Modelling Paste. Once that was dry, I lightly watercolored the background.

For my card focal, I stenciled the flowers and leaves from the Flower Fusion Positive Dots & Flower Fusion Negative Dots Stencils. I sketched the outline of both the flowers and leaves using a Black Microtip Pen to add some definition to the design. I fussy cut these out and arranged them on my card panel. I also stamped my sentiment on a banner and popped it up on my card panel.

To accentuate my card design, I added a strip of Gold Mirror Cardstock and Papericious' Monochrome Patterned Paper along the right side of my card. I also added some gold sequins and black paint splatters to finish off my card. 


My third card for today is even more different from my regular cards. The Flower Fusion 2 Step Stencils were quite challenging for me to use and this is my take on them!

For my card, I used the Flower Fusion Step 1 Stencil to stencil the lovely tile design using Altenew Limestone Dye ink. My next step was to stencil the flowers over this background. I would like to say this here, that it is absolutely not necessary to use both these stencils together, you may just stop at one step or use both. That's the beauty of them! I went ahead with the Step 2 stencil and coloured the flowers and leaves using Prismacolor Pencils. 

I didn't want to take the focus away from the amazing background so I kept the rest of the card simple. I stamped the first half my sentiment on a banner and the other directly on the panel. I added some clear sequins for the finishing touches. I matted this panel onto some Gold Mirror Cardstock which was then adhered finally to an A2 sized top folding card base.

There are various ways you could use these Flower Fusion stencils! I really love that tile background and can see myself using it on a lot of projects. By the way, I am sorry that the Gold Mirror Cardstock is not reflecting in this picture. It's not a dark brown cardstock. :)


Now, I have some Gift Tags to share with you using the Flower Fusion Triangles Stencil. I have masked and used only a small portion of the stencil on the tags, but it adds so much to the design. Here's a look at them:

 I used the Flower Fusion Triangles Stencil and Altenew's Limestone Dye ink for stenciling on the bottom of the tags. Once that was done, I die cut and coloured the flowers and leaves and added them to the gift tags. All that was need to complete them was a sentiment, and that's it. They were done! 

These were really simple to put together and are great for mass producing or creating in bulk.


My final project for today is a Money Wrap. I love creating them and wanted to do something slightly different on this one, so I combined stenciling with Foamiran flowers. I used the Beaded Flourish Stencil for creating that flourish design on the patterned paper. Then, I embellished my wrap with a handmade Foamiran rose and some filler flowers and foliage. 

I tend to create very elaborate designs, but if you don't want to do that, you can make it simple by cutting down on the number of filler flowers and foliage. The stenciled design makes for a great background for envelopes and you can use it in different ways to achieve different results!

That brings me to the end of this post! I hope I gave you some ideas to use these stencils. I would like to thank Priya and her team for inviting me to guest design on the CrafTreat blog. This post was supposed to go live back in April, but I couldn't send it across at that time, so I am finally sharing these projects now. I hope you liked them! :)

Supplies Used:







If you have any questions regarding any of the projects or the supplies used, please don't hesitate to ask me in the comments section below. I would be happy to help you out.

Have a lovely day, you all!

1 comment: