Thursday, July 12, 2018

Hope Your Day Is Amazing | Card

Hello, friends!
I know, I am blogging after a long time! I have been MIA since the past two months, and I really missed crafting and sharing on my blog here. Finally, I got my creative mojo going and I whipped up a card for the current Altenew Inspiration Challenge. I have to admit, that the colours are totally not my style, so it was kind of challenging to work with them. Here's a look at my card:

I first started out by die cutting my card front using the Dotted Scales Debossing Cover die from navy blue cardstock. The next step, was to create the focal of my card, and I had to use the Altenew Rose Flurries Die set for it! I cut out a bunch of flowers and leaves from some heavy weight Neenah Classic Crest Solar White 110 LBS cardstock.

I coloured the blue flowers using the Altenew Artist Markers (B201, B313, B304, B227) from the Altenew Artist Markers Set A. I started with the lightest colour (B201), then used a medium colour (B304), and for the final layer, I combined both B201 and B313 to give a gradient effect.

The leaves were coloured using the Altenew Rock Collection Oval inks. I used the same technique of starting with a light colour and the  moving on to the darkest. I also added some little blue flowers as foliage on the card front.

The sentiment 'hope' is cut from Silver Glitter Cardstock using the Altenew Hope Die set. The other part of the sentiment is from the coordinating Hope Stamp set, and was stamped using Altenew Silver Stone Crisp Dye ink. I finished off the card by adding some sparkly silver splatters.

I matted the card front on to some Silver Glitter Cardstock, and then mounted it on my A2 card base. Here's how the finished card looks like!

I'm joining the Altenew July Inspiration Challenge with this card. 


I hope you enjoyed seeing my card today. Do drop me a line to let me know if you liked it. Thank you for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. So elegant, Hussena! The colors are so soft and really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a way to use those colors on a card ! Never imagined flowers in those colors !! You have pulled it off so effortless ly !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your creation is absolutely Gorgeous!! LOVE all the textures. So glad to see you posting again. I really missed seeing your work. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The layering dies are lovely and you did great with these colors

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super gorgeous!! Love the bluuuueee!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations hussena. Your card is totally amazing .

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO beautiful, Hussena! Congratulations on your deserving win!

    ReplyDelete